#ED

Tuesday Numbers (IM3 - 5.1M) (TGG - 4.9M)

Question is: will it outdo TDKR $448 mill? Will it fly past $400 mill?

No, Iron Man 3 will not gross $448M D. I'd say $435M D's where Tony Stark and Co. max out at best. Fly past $400M D? Uh, I guess so. I'd say $415M D's the worst case scenario at this juncture. Certainly going to soar past $1B WW. Likely rocket past $1.1B WW as well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gatsby actually won the day with actuals. That movie is popular. I'm not sure how it got a B cinemascore. I haven't seen many negative comments about it at all.

Iron man will be at 300m soon. Doesn't matter about STID.  STID is the one who's legs are a worry.  Didn't realize Fast Five and Hangover 2 were opening the following week.

Not sure I recall when late spring and early summer was so packed with big movies.

The legs of STID facing FF6 will be tested already in two days in some markets such as the UK. It can sheds light to what will happen next week in the US.  I beleive it will hinder all movies and mainly STID that was just released.

Quite frankly, i can see this movie doing ganbusters business abroad in every markets...and it has the best date of any blockbuster in China...$100 million in that market isn't a fantasy at this point.

No, Iron Man 3 will not gross $448M D. I'd say $435M D's where Tony Stark and Co. max out at best. Fly past $400M D? Uh, I guess so. I'd say $415M D's the worst case scenario at this juncture. Certainly going to soar past $1B WW. Likely rocket past $1.1B WW as well.

Agree. 

And since $1 billion will be reached today or tommorow, i can see it finishing the weekend around $ 1.07 - 1.08 billion already.

$1.1+ billion will be reached before entering June.  After that it will just crawl to $1.2 billion or approach it.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

The legs of STID facing FF6 will be tested already in two days in some markets such as the UK. It can sheds light to what will happen next week in the US.  I beleive it will hinder all movies and mainly STID that was just released.

Quite frankly, i can see this movie doing ganbusters business abroad in every markets...and it has the best date of any blockbuster in China...$100 million in that market isn't a fantasy at this point.

I don't believe the UK's a fair test for Trek 2 v. Fast 6. I believe Trek 2 may have more popularity in that market than any market aside from the US.

Do you think Trek 2 will match Fast 5's WW take? Do you believe Fast 6 will out-perform Fast 5 WW?

The amount it has grossed internationally is just stunning.  No matter where this ends up, it must be some record.  Has a series of films ever had that big of a jump from the second part to the third part?  I don't think it has.  In fact, I don't think it's even close.  IM3 has done something that has never been done before.  It's going to double the gross of the second film.  

• Like 1

I don't believe the UK's a fair test for Trek 2 v. Fast 6. I believe Trek 2 may have more popularity in that market than any market aside from the US.

Do you think Trek 2 will match Fast 5's WW take? Do you believe Fast 6 will out-perform Fast 5 WW?

I think Trek has a small chance if it really holds well in the domestic market and with the help of 3 D because quite frankly i don't know how it will manage to not have its legs cut off in markets where FF6 will be released, not to mention HGIII. 

I mean F5 overperformed in each market of Asia, South America and Europe.  Every single os market where STID does good, F5 did great which bode even better for its sequel.  It is popular in the UK, Germany, France, South Korea, Brasil, Mexico, China, Japan, you name it.

Being unevenly popular in every market gives the movie an edge that STID doesn't have.  And it will be released in June in China during a week of Holliday.

I beleive it's the most popular franchise of the summer bar IM3 (thanks to TA).  That's why I think it could become extremely lethal for all movies released around its  date because that movie will drain a lot more people than any other movie.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Fair enough, but let's be honest, a 5-6 mill total in a market like Mexico isn't that great, is it?

IM3 will end up 40M+ there.

Edited by Captain Olive