#ED

Tuesday Numbers (IM3 - 5.1M) (TGG - 4.9M)

For Trek, its domestic performance is the key now, as it always is. I'm happy with any kinds of increases over ST09 OS, 300M OS would be great.

• Like 1

Not compared to TREK09.

Agreed

Fair enough, but let's be honest, a 5-6 mill total in a market like Mexico isn't that great, is it?

I try to think of it as a very good step forward in a big rebranding campaign. The vey fact that its growing shows some headway in changing people's perception of the franchise.
  • Like 1

The amount it has grossed internationally is just stunning.  No matter where this ends up, it must be some record.  Has a series of films ever had that big of a jump from the second part to the third part?  I don't think it has.  In fact, I don't think it's even close.  IM3 has done something that has never been done before.  It's going to double the gross of the second film.  

Must be Sir Ben hamming it up...

That scene is so ridiculously hilarious that I forgot this is a superhero movie and Mandarin is a well known villain in the Marvel universe.

Edited by baumer

The amount it has grossed internationally is just stunning.  No matter where this ends up, it must be some record.  Has a series of films ever had that big of a jump from the second part to the third part?  I don't think it has.  In fact, I don't think it's even close.  IM3 has done something that has never been done before.  It's going to double the gross of the second film.  

I guess you could make a comparison to Skyfall's jump over QoS, though of course that was the 23rd film.

Must be Sir Ben hamming it up...

That scene is so ridiculously hilarious that I forgot this is a superhero movie and Mandarin is a well known villain in the Marvel universe.

he didn`t ham it up to Blanchitto levels for sure.

In fact, the character felt very natural for an attention whore stage actor.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

In where? Mexico? Yes, that's a huge number.

40M+ in Mexico is huge of course, but considering that TA did 60M+ just a year ago, the number for IM3 is understandable.

It is amazing and as far as third films go, I dont think another has accomplished this. Looking at the numbers for films with 3 or More sequels that have big WW jumps, the only one that stands out is Skyfall. Given the JB track record this is even more amazing to me.

• Like 1

Yes but Mexican market has expanded greatly since than so this number is nothing to write home about. At this point I'm just hoping for 300M OS.

Movie market has expanded, but c'mon ST made only 3.4 in its entire run in Mexico and it just opened at 3M. I'm not sure where it will end up but it looks to be well north of 3.4M. That just shows how weak the franchise originally was and how big of a hole it has tig out of.

Toy Story 2 to Toy Story 3 - but (make that a big BUT) 11 years between the two.