#ED

Tuesday Numbers (IM3 - 5.1M) (TGG - 4.9M)

This weeks predictions from comingsoon.net.1. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount) - $84.5 million N/A2. Iron Man 3 (Marvel Studios/Disney) - $33 million -55%3. The Great Gatbsy (Warner Bros.) - $23 million -54% 4. 42 (Warner Bros.) - $3 million -35%5. Pain & Gain (Paramount) - $2.6 million -48%6. Peeples (Lionsgate) - $2.5 million -46%7. The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/20th Century Fox) - $2.3 million -35%8. Oblivion (Universal) - $2.0 million -51%9. Mud (Roadside Attractions) - $1.6 million -37%10. The Big Wedding (Lionsgate) - $1.4 million -44%(Also predict 30M Thursday for STID)

Only as it pertains to the rule of using a full title then it's acronym.

Had you(anyone really this is widespread problem imo) simply typed The Karate Kid, then later used TKK the last several posts going huh, TKK--- wouldn't have happened. 

Its not that big of a deal.

Is IM3 going to get to a billion before Avengers did?

Nope. TA passed 1B after its 2nd weekend domestic, in 19 days.

IM3 will pass that milestone this Thursday.

Edited by Sam

Do you believe Fast 6 will out-perform Fast 5 WW?

That, sir, is the big question.  FF6 will be impacted right out of the gate DOM by Hangover3 and IM residuals but OS grosses won't be harmed much by Hangover (less global look than part 2) and MoS (which doesn't play as well OS). I think OS for the year will go like this:

1. Iron Man 3

2. Hobbit 2

3. FF6

4. Smurfs 25. Is Rio the next Ice Age?  Hmmm...

Edited by lilmac

Nope. TA passed 1B after its 2nd weekend domestic, in 19 days.

IM3 will pass that milestone this Thursday.

Yep and this performance is to me more impressive than AVATAR and HPDH who shared teh same performance cause those two were released domestically and foreign in synch while TA domestic was released 10 days after its foreign take and only had a week of domestic run when it cross that path.

IM3 will do it on day 23.

I could see MOS break out overseas with the rising popularity of superhero movies.

And THOR2.  people shouldn't underestimate its OS potential performance.  It could become a top 3 OS wise.

I can see IM3, HOBBIT, FF6 and THOR in the top 4.

BOM has IM3 at 5.2M estimate and TGG at 4.955M. 

http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-05-14&p=.htm

In line with the low-end of Rth numbers yesterday. So about the same jump for both. But TGG is definitely much more impressive given that it's the first Tuesday for it.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1