CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

From Nikki. "worldwide moviegoers really like this mindless crap especially during the summer months. Internationally, the comedy is taking off in 3 markets this weekend – the UK, Australia and New Zealand."Just quietly Nikki. It's WINTER in 2 of those 3 countries.

I'm disappointed in you, UK, Oz and NZ.
  • Like 1

We made the first feature film, we built the rabbit proof fence, we've had over 20 years without a recession, we invented the black box for aircraft, we gave the kids of the world The Wiggles but the first day performance of The Hangover 3 has brought great shame on Australia.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed in you, UK, Oz and NZ.

I think she just means "taking off" in the sense of "being released." In Australia it's down from the second film ($1.75m versus $2.1m), and that's with no competition from FF6--plus STID is old news, since it came out two weeks ago over there. Not a great start. It comes out today in the UK, so unless Nikki has midnight numbers she's not telling us about, she doesn't know how it's doing there.

I think she just means "taking off" in the sense of "being released." In Australia it's down from the second film ($1.75m versus $2.1m), and that's with no competition from FF6--plus STID is old news, since it came out two weeks ago over there. Not a great start. It comes out today in the UK, so unless Nikki has midnight numbers she's not telling us about, she doesn't know how it's doing there.

It opened yesterday in UK.

I'm seeing 5/24, I guess it got pushed up there too? Are there any Thursday numbers yet? Maybe WB is keeping them under wraps...

Yeah must have. Not yet, but it didn't really look THAT busy compared to TH2 so I don't know about 'taking off'.

Hangovers going to have a big jump yesterday. Its not finishing 4th.

It's only 1-2m ahead of Kung Fu Panda 2 on thursday and that one only jumped 125% on friday...

And i guess Kung Fu Panda would be the movie that should have a less frontloaded thursday, no?