Jordanstine

Wed 6/26 Numbers (Update: Actuals on Pg.9) - MU $10.0, WWZ $6.2, MOS $4.1

Yeah, it would be great is MU was over 10 on Thursday! On sure if it can do it, but I am hoping it will.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. So far its holding up better than Brave which had a small first Thursday dip.

Just back from my screening of NYSM. Very good movie, first half is just a blast. I give it 8/10 and they can easily make sequel to it since it's going to make 300M+ WW.  :D

Once again awesome holds for MU and NYSM. Hopefully 50M+ for MU and another 20% drop for NYSM this weekend.  :wub:

• Like 7

That's what I'm hoping for as well. So far its holding up better than Brave which had a small first Thursday dip.

It's holding better than even TS3. Wednesday number is down 67% from OD compared to TS3 which was 68.4%. Cars 2 was at 78.5% while Brave was at 72.3%. MU holds have been tremendous so far. I would love for it to win animation crown for the year and also hit 300M+. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

You know, at first I didn't think Ruffalo's participation had anything to do with the movie's success.  But then I noticed a bunch of adolescents and teens in the audience, even though this movie isn't geared toward them.  So, yes, there's a reason outside of it being a good film that its drops have been the envy of moviedom, and I believe that the Avengers effect is the biggest part of it. 

lol as much as I want to believe that the effect thats inplay is Dave Franco esp for teenage girls. I have to thank him for bringing those girls for multiple viewings

Obv I'm into middle aged men so  Mark & Woody 4 me :P

Just back from my screening of NYSM. Very good movie, first half is just a blast. I give it 8/10 and they can easily make sequel to it since it's going to make 300M+ WW.  :D

glad u liked it :wub:

how was the audience?

Edited by Leyla

Question of the day,

If you have the availability to get real live box office data, like studios, but have to pay a monthly fee of let's say, $1000/per month. Would you purchase program?

1. "Monsters University" ($41 million) - I see a close match-up with White House Down. Normally White House Down would win easily, but the film's lack of star power concerns me. Because of this, I'm going with animation and family audiences to eventually pull away.

2. "White House Down" ($38 million) - The frame is strong and this opening date is a perfect fit for this action film. I see a better opening than the similar themed Olympus Has Fallen ($30 million), which opened earlier this year.

3. "World War Z" ($32 million) - Great opening last week. I see a strong second weekend ahead.

4. "The Heat" ($28 million) - Has anyone seen any marketing for this? Film is under the radar, which isn't a bad thing, but looks to prevent it from achieving an Identity Thief or Bad Teacher-like opening. Going with mid-level results here.

5. "Man Of Steel" ($20 million) - Already over $400 million worldwide, the comic book icon is well on its way to being one of the year's biggest hits. Word of mouth also continues to be amazingly strong.

That's Sensei's calls. Enjoy the weekend.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/06/27/Box-Office-Predictions-Pixar-To-Face-A-White-House-Down?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Posted Image

• Like 1