#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

AWE didn't really have good legs, (although I love the film) DMC had a really good box office run and sold millions of DVDs. So I think most families/ average Joes loved the film, just critics and internet haters that dislike the film.

Edited by KingKong

It's a blockbuster that people rarely talk about, quality or BO wise. 

Huh? Its BO run is one of the most respected of the 2000's. And I think anyone with half a brain can tell it had amazing WOM. It's one of the biggest DVD sellers ever on top of the amazing legs at the box office. It is in the Top 250 on IMDB. I don't think it's underrated.

DMC's finale is much more entertaining than AWE.

It's been a while, and I enjoyed the finale, but walking out of the theater, I felt like we had gone through 2 and 1/2 hours only for Jack to get eaten anyway. The finale only makes the movie feel more frustrating to me. And not in the good Empire Strikes Back kind of way.

Edited by #MrPink of Steel

Huh? Its BO run is one of the most respected of the 2000's. And I think anyone with half a brain can tell it had amazing WOM. It's one of the biggest DVD sellers ever on top of the amazing legs at the box office. It is in the Top 250 on IMDB. I don't think it's underrated.

You're probably right but I just feel DMC is brought up hell of a lot more than COTBP.  

DMC's cliffhanger is brilliant. I don't remember seeing it in cinema, but the audience reaction must have been wild.

Mine was great because I had the pleasure of witnessing my friend going to the restroom after Jack gets eaten only to come back and find out the credits were rolling.

• Like 2

Oh pirates-The first one is sooo much better than the rest.  I actually remember seeing it in the theatres a few times and walking out smiling because I felt the kid in me who rode the ride at disneyland countless times growing up got a movie that captured the fun/swashbuckling adventure that a pirate movie should be...DMC was a decent follow up-it was good...then shit hit the fan big time with AWE-i was like wow wtf was that.  OST was just forgetttable but not as turrible as AWE