AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

I know I did.

Was also shocked to find out Duncan Jones actual name is Zowie, and that he's David Bowies son.

Yeah, I had no idea that Duncan Jones was Bowie's son until after I saw Moon and went to find out who he is.

Sheesh... I haven't witnessed a movie generate such ferocious vitriol since... Ever. People are losing their shit here. Get a grip, it's a movie. And, it's probably a bad one. What the fuck's gotten into some of these people? Was this was it was like when Peeping Tom nearly ruined Michael Powell's career?

When you play with people's nostalgic feeling for past video games they played as a child and fuck it up this badly it adds another layer of hatred someone would feel towards the movie. Many people know Pac Man and Donkey Kong from our childhoods, so if anyone tries to do nostalgia and really fucks up this is the result. Nostalgia can be powerful when done right, it can also be equally as powerful creating emotions when done wrong.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 1

Hey, at least Dinklage is getting praise. I wish the guy could get better film roles, he's a great actor (see GoT) but nobody likes to hire short men.

Salt N Pepa wrote a song about it long ago. I think it went something like, "Don't want to no short..." Oh, wait, that was about something else. My mistake.

Hey, at least Dinklage is getting praise. I wish the guy could get better film roles, he's a great actor (see GoT) but nobody likes to hire short men.

If the Wonder Woman producers were smart, they would hire him to be Dr. Psycho.

How much blame falls on Sandler, and how much on Sony? I assume Sony paid for the movie, but Happy Madison got the film rights to the short and developed it, right?

(Sony should have bought Sandler out and turned this over to Lord and Miller or someone like that.)

Edited by TServo2049