CJohn

Wednesday Numbers | Turbo - 5.6M

I still can't believe bad films like Grown Ups 2, Identity Thief, G.I. Joe 2, The Great Gatsby, and the mediocre Oz Great & Powerful all made more than Pacific Rim. And that Pacific Rim is on the same list as certified turds like AE, WHD, TH3, Lone Ranger and RIPD (those films have the average RT score of 35% fresh, and PR has 71% fresh)

And now someone will say "LOL DON'T BLAME THE GA BLAME WB AND THEM MARKETING A BIG FILM TO NERDS!! GROWN UPS 2 MADE MY CINEMA LAUGH WHEN THE TRAILER CAME ON, AND THEY WERE SILENT WITH PACIFIC RIM! etc;'

:o  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

I still can't believe bad films like Grown Ups 2, Identity Thief, G.I. Joe 2, The Great Gatsby, and the mediocre Oz Great & Powerful all made more than Pacific Rim. And that Pacific Rim is on the same list as certified turds like AE, WHD, TH3, Lone Ranger and RIPD (those films have the average RT score of 35% fresh, and PR has 71% fresh)

And now someone will say "LOL DON'T BLAME THE GA BLAME WB AND THEM MARKETING A BIG FILM TO NERDS!! GROWN UPS 2 MADE MY CINEMA LAUGH WHEN THE TRAILER CAME ON, AND THEY WERE SILENT WITH PACIFIC RIM! etc;'

Because critical reception means nothing.  It's people's wallets that do the talking.  PR imo looked like a rip off of so many other films.  It's the reason WHD did so poorly.  IMO, it's one of the best films of the summer but OHF came out 4 months ago.  So people thought they had already seen the film.  Same with PR.  Transformers looked better and people had already spent money on giant robots.  So PR suffered from being a rip off artist.

• Like 7

Because critical reception means nothing.  It's people's wallets that do the talking.  PR imo looked like a rip off of so many other films.  It's the reason WHD did so poorly.  IMO, it's one of the best films of the summer but OHF came out 4 months ago.  So people thought they had already seen the film.  Same with PR.  Transformers looked better and people had already spent money on giant robots.  So PR suffered from being a rip off artist.

Even though WHD >> OHF and PR >> Transformers. IMO, of course. 

• Like 2

I really liked The Great Gatsby...

• Like 4

Even though WHD >> OHF and PR >> Transformers. IMO, of course. 

Sure...no worries....we all have our opinions.  But I made the statement without passion or prejudice about the films you mentioned.  It's just if people think they have seen the film before, they might be less inclined to see another film of the same ilk.

^^

A main reason I didn't see the Purge....it's The Strangers. DVD wait.

General audiences must have not thought so. Basically it is hard to create a purely original film now a days without borrowing from some previous franchise or film. But there are exceptions of course (Inception for instance)

Edited by Hiccup

General audiences must have not thought so. Basically it is hard to create a purely original film now a days without borrowing from some previous franchise or film. But there are exceptions of course (Inception for instance)

True, but then how many of those GA's were then tweeting about just how bad it was? Lots. Clearly the mass collective didn't figure out they were duped and given a lesser film till 90min later. Whereas I deduced that from the trailers. 

Why GA like Transformers so much and why they don't care about Jeagers & Kaiyus ?

Is it the design ?

Or because TF come from real life cars.

Because of the animated 80's series and toys.

Megan fox ?

I wanna hear your theories.

Paprika says hi.

• Like 4

Sure...no worries....we all have our opinions.  But I made the statement without passion or prejudice about the films you mentioned.  It's just if people think they have seen the film before, they might be less inclined to see another film of the same ilk.

I can't believe our resident anti-Avatar mascot hasn't said something “clever” like «that didn't stop the GA from making Avatar a mega-hit» or something along those lines.
  • Like 1

Why GA like Transformers so much and why they don't care about Jeagers & Kaiyus ?

Is it the design ?

Or because TF come from real life cars.

Because of the animated 80's series and toys.

Megan fox ?

I wanna hear your theories.

Marketing.