Olive

Thurs Early #s:DM2 5m,Turbo 4.2,GU2 3.8,PR 3.1(Rth)/Conjuring 3.3M prev.

Sinister was decent. I liked the "snuff films" aspect of it, which at times was distubing.  But no where near as disturbing as the second video in VHS. That actually looked like a real snuff film. There were a few good scenes of tension though in Sinister..like when he was watching the films alone at night but the end was kind of overblown. Also VHS2 sucked, thought it would have been way better but it just layed on the gore.

The Conjuring shares a lot of the same types of scares as Insidious. It's hard to say which was better, but had fun watching both of them. These movies are like the equivalent of a cinematic haunted house. They don't terrify me but I have a blast watching them. The audience also can make or break the experience, if they are into it I usually have a grin on my face.

And out of the PA series, I only found the one with the rotating fan cam tense (that shows how much I even remember about them). They could have used that idea to a way better advantage though.

Edited by somebody85

12 movies releasing in 5 weekends will kill any movie's screen count. 

Which is why I wished TH:TABA stayed in summer. It would have been slaughtered. That series always got away thanks to holidays. No rreal staying power, just much easier time of the year to hold on.

Despicable Me 2 $5,000,505 -4% Monsters University$1,327,433-8%

Pretty good drop for MU considering its loss in screen counts cause of Turbo. But I'm very worried about its weekend :(

4.15m actual for Turbo.  Man a 25% drop for Turbo is awful.

Probably will be something like...

5.55m

4.15m (-25%)

6.4m (+55%)

8m (+25%)

6m (-25%)

20.5m 3-day

30m 5-day

That'd be a worse 5-day than Rise of the Guardians (32m), a huge bomb.

Edited by Derpity

4.15m actual for Turbo.  Man a 25% drop for Turbo is awful.

Probably will be something like...

5.55m

4.15m (-25%)

6.4m (+55%)

8m (+25%)

6m (-25%)

20.5m 3-day

30m 5-day

That'd be a worse 5-day than Rise of the Guardians (32m), a huge bomb.

What is the actual drop for Turbo, a BSG question depends on it  :D

DIE Pixar DIE! Woo-hoo! Comuppance for buying Brave an undeserved Oscar, worst ever for Animated movie.

lol, what? It's going to make 275-280M domestic and another 400M+ OS so Pixar's doing just fine.  ;)  :P  :D

• Like 1

I find it interesting, and a bit ironic, that most horror buffs on here weren't blown away by The Conjuring, yet people who aren't normally fans of the horror genre seem to be loving it.

Like who? If you're a horror fan and you didn't like The Conjuring...I don't even know what to say. Wan did everything right with the movie. 

Edited by tonytr87