Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

I hate being hyperbolic, but this has had one of the most universally positive receptions to a trailer I've ever seen across multiple media platforms/demographics. Obviously that's very unscientific, and that might not even mean anything, but I'm starting to think this could do soar past 100m.

• Like 2

I showed this to my mum this morning, and she started tearing up with it. She's a gigantic softy, but rocky is her favourite franchise of all, and this immediately became her most anticipated film of the year. I still remember when she introduced me to Rocky, she was so excited for Rocky Balboa, so over the opening weekend of that we watched the first 4 and went to see Balboa on the Sunday evening, and she was cheering like she was at an actual boxing match. Can't wait to do the same in November!

• Like 2

The trailer looks good but I can't help but think this just feels like a useless movie. I hope it ends up being a really great film and washes away all of my doubt (I've only seen the first Rocky... which of the others should I bother watching?)

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

The trailer looks good but I can't help but think this just feels like a useless movie. I hope it ends up being a really great film and washes away all of my doubt (I've only seen the first Rocky... which of the others should I bother watching?)

2 3 4 and rocky balboa are all good

• Like 2

5 is better than a couple of the others. another pass at the script and it could of been really something.

It's not as iconic as any of the others all the others are iconic whether it be eye of the tiger Rocky winning drago and ROckys last fight you can skip 5 and lose nothing if anything you need those movies to understand creed as they show Apollo and rockeys friendship the evolution of rocky and where he is today

• Like 2

All of them. You haven't even see Yo Adrian I did it.

• Like 1

If Rocky dies, I swear... I am going to bawl my fucking eyes out like a baby.

tumblr_n24vywaMi71shderao1_500.gif

No but seriously, I was welling up when I watched Rocky Balboa and he turned around at the end for the last time and lifted his arms. If he dies in the movie I will be struggling to keep it in.

• Like 2