Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

The hackers aren't North Korean.

The whole North Korea ploy has been fabricated and that awful attempt at a threat has just fucked the hackers over.

I'm sure the US government and all their special agencies aren't going to take it lightly now that 9/11 has been evoked.

If they wanted to catch them, they would, and now the hackers have idiotically opened up that can of worms, I expect them to be goners.

If they are indeed some actual terrorist group, my bet would be Chinese, Russian or Middle Eastern, but then two other plausible theories are corporate sabotage and some domestic flakers who have nothing better to do but are now in way over their heads. North Korea? Please.

• Like 3

AMC still has tickets on sale I notice. Very tempted to buy some

AMC still has tickets on sale I notice. Very tempted to buy some

Good idea. I may do the same.

With how this is going. Sony pictures may actually fold. Obviously, the entire studio would need to be restructured, but the cost and damages of this incident are so high that it may not be worth if it for Sony to continue with their film production company. On the bright side, Spider-Man may just yet go back to Marvel.

(Reuters) - The head of Sony Pictures consulted with a senior official in the U.S. government in June this year, days after North Korea threatened "merciless countermeasures" over the release of an upcoming film featuring a plot to assassinate leader Kim Jong Un, leaked emails show.

In an internal email seen by Reuters and dated June 26, Sony Pictures Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael Lynton said he told Assistant U.S. Secretary of State Daniel Russel the studio was "concerned for the safety of Americans and American and North Korean relations."

U.S. officials have cast doubt on a threat against theaters planning to show the film but police across the United States said they would take extra precautions. Sony executives told theaters the studio would not pull the comedy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/17/us-sony-cybersecurity-northkorea-idUSKBN0JV0VF20141217

James Franco trying to be funny makes my toes curl with cringe.

Like watching the asshole in school acting out a sketch cause he thinks he's hilarious.

Cancel this thing already.

I think hes funny when he's got the right partner to bounce off, like with Rogen in Pineapple Express or in short bursts. It didn't work in your highness but that whole movie wasnt very funny to me.

• Like 1

I really hope the Seth Rogen and company gang goes back to making better comedies like Knocked up.

They been very hit and miss these days. 

Either you think that is one of the great modern comedy moments or very juvenile and silly. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I really hope the Seth Rogen and company gang goes back to making better comedies like Knocked up.

They been very hit and miss these days.

Either you think that is one of the great modern comedy moments or very juvenile and silly.

Exactly. A lot of rogen humour is built around being juvenile and silly so of thats not someone's taste they'll never be a fan.

For years there has been tension between South Korea and North Korea and I know there were threats too but South Korea is doing just fine. Sony is overestimating what these hackers can do

But well some cinemas are pulling this because there was simply no demand too. Honestly, I've always felt that the premise of this movie is bad. They could just have made a fictional leader that closely resembles him anyway, making him an actual character kinda loses the fun for me.

Anyway, all these Interview drama just exposed how weak Sony's system and management.

• Like 1