Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Honestly, if it was possible, I'd love if there was a way Obama could have a "presidential address" on every station and say like "Freedom of speech was attacked, but the American government found one way to protect it. Enjoy." 

Air The Interview unedited on every broadcast network with limited commercial interruption for other Sony products.

DO IT OBAMA

• Like 10

For everyone saying "Why is Sony Doing this"  I'm sorry but if you guys understood the hits Sony Pictures have taken publicly.  That Leak as hurt the reputation of two TOP executives in the industry.  Plus the Hackers said they have MORE leaks for Christmas.  THEY HAD TO DO THIS PERIOD.  I've talked to friends and everyone at Sony is on edge cause of these leaks. 

lol, you think this is gonna stop the leaks?

• Like 5

You sound like you're not a fan of freedom.

As a Black American raised in this county I know all to well about what freedom is and isn't.  I'm not against freedom of speech and I don't believe in putting creative boundaries on things.  But if you do a concept about KILLING a living President of a country.  Then you need to deal with what comes with that.  Nobody think's Kim Jr or his dad was a good person but he is the living President of a country. s

That's right humor is subjective and in my subjective opinion doing a mock killing of a living president of a country isn't really funny and obviously after the events that occurred it wasn't a good idea at the end of the day. As for "Losing Money" I'm talking about it not being release theatrically. Again I have a sense of humor and I'm sure "The Interview" was them having good fun, it is a comedy so it's not a serious threat against North Korea but they view it that way cause of the bad relations between our countries. Again put the shoe on another foot. There's not way another country could do a "Killing of Obama" comedy and there wouldn't be outrage here.

Except that President Obama isn't a ruthless dictator who doesn't care about his nations people....
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure an argument could be made that this film was putting people in danger.

Sure it was putting people in danger. Haven't you heard, if you know how to hack, you can make things explode randomly across 3000 theaters all over the US.

• Like 3

Except that President Obama isn't a ruthless dictator who doesn't care about his nations people....

Dictator or not, he's the Living President of a Country.  American's called Castro a "Dictator" for 50 years yet Obama is working with him on Cuba.   This isn't even me defending the cancellation as much as it's me saying it wasn't a good concept, that's my opinion.