Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I had no idea it opened next week. Advertising seems really muted here in the UK.

Mind you, everytime I say that about an imminent big movie it tends to be as huge as expected.

I kept thinking this was on the 28th and Sleight was next week. Little disappointed now. 

I'm gonna make another attempt to see it early with the premiere on Saturday. I'm gonna get there earlier, plus it's a Saturday there won't be as much of a traffic issue going in. :lol:

If it doesn't work *this* time, I am going to swear off trying this again. :lol:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They almost made it to release day without revealing Helen Mirren in the marketing

They can never resist spoiling.

It's tracking to open over 100M anyways.

If I had only made it to last night's screening, I could have beaten it to the punch.

Edited by Jay Beezy

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

They need to get Liam Neeson or Stallone for Fast 9 or Fast 10. 

Preferably the former over the latter. Getting Sly involved makes it too much like a crossover with Expendables and I don't want that. Statham is the exception as he fits right in with Vin and Rock. But having Liam as the final Thanos omega level baddie would be perfect.

It would have been more perfect if Paul were still around to have Liam as Brian's long lost not-so-dear-old father (Liam is Irish and so is the surname O'Conner). We wouldn't have put it past this franchise to do that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Ok, so the theater count for Fast 8 is with around 4200 theaters.

4th widest Universal film behind Pets, Minions & Jurassic World.

Pets had 104m, Minions had 115m, JW had 208m. 

I still think 100m is the floor. The franchise is too solid. 

125m OW for now

• Like 1

$120M domestic OW, $130M the high end.

Each film since FAST FIVE has had roughly a 2.4 to 2.45 multiplier so that gives it a predicted domestic total of anywhere between $288M and $318.5M.

• Like 1