Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don't see anything out of place with Indy verse in the clip. If anything, Jones is starting to sound like his father from Crusade. Again, it's just a clip. Critics are definitely split on this, so I will enter it with great trepidation.

55% now on RT with 49 reviews. Every review after Cannes so far has been positive lol, most of them very positive. Would be really funny if both this and Elemental managed to get out of that Cannes pickle.

EDIT: Make that 56% now

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lucas said:

55% now on RT with 49 reviews. Every review after Cannes so far has been positive lol, most of them very positive. Would be really funny if both this and Elemental managed to get out of that Cannes pickle.

makes you wonder if some have drastically lowered their expectations and ended up enjoying it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

makes you wonder if some have drastically lowered their expectations and ended up enjoying it. 

Or maybe it's just back to a more casual audience compared to who watches at Cannes...

People are capable of making up their own mind, you know. They don't need to force themselves to do so.

13 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Or maybe it's just back to a more casual audience compared to who watches at Cannes...

People are capable of making up their own mind, you know. They don't need to force themselves to do so.

They don’t need to force themselves to make up their own minds?

On 6/11/2023 at 3:14 AM, reddevil19 said:

I genuinely can't think of any single iconic original character created since the 80's. There's arguments for iconic worlds (think Avatar), memorable one-off movies (Inception, Independence Day the first), but any characters on the level of Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones, Han Solo, John McClane? And that's obviously going hand-in-hand with the fading drawing power of movie stars and the increase in terms of volume of the IP-based uberblockbusters. Is there a chance this changes? I think we'll only see once superhero movies finally die down. Will Hollywood adapt with new IPs, will it be originals, or will its current form die altogether?

John Wick.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Elemental is going to have a much harder time to do that then Indy 5. It does not have the core aucience that Indy has, and is oopening against touch competion. IMHO even with the mixed reception, The FLash is going run this movie over this weekend.

Also has pulled out all the stops for promotion for Indy, which it has not done for this.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Wondering if anyone's got any info on if there's a match dissolve from the logos here. Did they do it here or just couldn't be asked to try to do a match dissolve with the Lucasfilm logo (the only logo I assume they'll be using).

If anyone does know could they spoiler tag it as I really don’t want to know until opening night when I watch it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Maybe? Can't really ask for many better release dates than the weekend before the 4th of July though.

True, but I would say that with how this film is looking to appeal more to older crowds you could have played up using the date to have dads who grew up on Indy bring their kids to see it. Also right on the 39th anniversary of Raiders too.

but I agree with you that the current date does still make sense.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer

37 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

True, but I would say that with how this film is looking to appeal more to older crowds you could have played up using the date to have dads who grew up on Indy bring their kids to see it. Also right on the 39th anniversary of Raiders too.

but I agree with you that the current date does still make sense.

yeah they should have released it over Memorial Day instead of TLM

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Make me wonder if fewer movies like this one will screen at Cannes first.

Still can't believe somebody at Disney made that decision before making damm sure the Cannes crowd of Critics were going to be favorable to it. This sounds more and more like a movie  general critic and audiences will enjoy.We will probably not see most of those reviews to week of release and that could help late ticket buys. 

• Like 1