RyneOh1040

Weekend Estimates - The Butler 17.0 Millers 13.5 TWE 8.94

11.5 would be excellent for World's End given how it underperformed in the Uk. Hope that number sticks. Weak for You're Next but in that film's case it's better than not being released at all.

There's a good chance TWE didn't do well in the UK because its release was in line with the hottest 2 weeks in years. Us Brits have to take advantage of what heat we get, not going to the cinema!

Maybe it's wrong to root for a movie to fail, but I simply love that TMI is bombing hard.

Considering what an awful person the author is in real life and how the book is changed based on fanfic which directly copied from other books, series and movies before changing some details before publishing so not to get sued, there's nothing wrong with hoping and cheering it to fail. Cassandra Clare wrote the book by knowingly lifting character types and plots from other properties which is why it's not a coincidence that the book and movie feel very derivative.

Saw THE CONJURING yesterday. Was the first horror film I've seen at the cinema. It was amazing. The best horror movie I've seen and one of the best movies this year. The girl behind was like having a heart attack. lol

You're Next actually filled up to 60-ish percent. The crowd loved it, I counted four applause breaks.

We showed it tonight for the kids end of summer lock-in. There was one particular moment I was waiting for that did not disappoint, they went BANANAS! I know you know exactly which part I'm talking about. It was even better a second time.

Friday Box Office: ‘The Butler’ Serves Civil Rights For #1 Again, ‘Mortal Instruments’ #3, ‘The World’s End’ #4, ‘You’re Next’ #5

1. Lee Daniels’ The Butler (Weinstein) Week 2 [Runs 3,110] PG13Friday $4.6M (-44% from a week ago), Weekend $15.2M, Cume $50.5M2. We’re The Millers (New Line/Warner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 3,445] RFriday $3.8M, Weekend $12.7M, Cume $91.1M3. The Mortal Instruments (Screen Gems/Sony) Week 1 [Runs 3,118] PG13Friday $3.2M, Weekend $9.1M, Five-Day Cume $13.9M4. The World’s End (Focus Features) NEW [Runs 1,549] RFriday $2.9M, Weekend $7.9M5. You’re Next (Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 2,437] RFriday $2.8M, Weekend $7.8M6. Planes 3D (Disney) Week 3 [Runs 3,378] PGFriday $2.4M, Weekend $8.5M, Cume $59.5M7. Elysium (Sony) Week 3 [Runs 2,913] RFriday $2.1M, Weekend $6.9M, Cume $68.9M8. Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters 3D (Fox) Week 3 [Runs 2,730]PGFriday $1.4M, Weekend $5.1M, Cume $48.3M9. Blue Jasmine (Sony Classics) Week 5 [Runs 1,283] PG13Friday $1.3M, Weekend $4.0M, Cume $14.9M10. Kick-Ass 2 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,945] RFriday $1.2M (-78%), Weekend $3.6M, Cume $21.8M

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/friday-box-office-the-butler-serves-civil-rights-for-1-again-mortal-instruments-3-worlds-end-4-youre-next-5/