Dementeleus

Weekend estimates-on PG 11. Cloudy 2@35M

Thought Prisoners would do better. Theater I was in was about 70% full last night, pretty good. Hugh Jackman was fantastic and Jake Gyllenhaal's excessive blinking was oddly fascinating.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Thought Prisoners would do better. Theater I was in was about 70% full last night, pretty good. Hugh Jackman as fantastic and Jake Gyllenhaal's excessive blinking was oddly fascinating.

LOL, so I'm not alone in noticing that.
  • Like 1

Wow, Don Jon got a "C" Cinemascore.

This could be gone from theaters in a few weeks.

my jaw dropped actually

judging by reviews I thought it would be pretty popular

'Enough said' avg :wub:  :wub:

Forgot to congrat Blue Jasmine with passing 30mil :wave:  super awesome. Now get all awards!

Edited by Leyla

Cloudy 2's small opening makes me really sad. It's actually a really fun animated movie, the best of the year so far beside Monsters U. For fun, I calculated the opening/legs using other September family openers.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: 34.6/142.7M

Hotel Transylvania: 36.0M/125.7M

Open Season: 35.4/127.4M

The Game Plan: 33.6/133.0M

Looks like 40M OW is out of the question :(

Also, I'm ticked off Prisoners dropped so much, just because I was certain it'd finish in second :P

there's a space between 10m and 35m, you know, right?

It's still okay. But the first Cloudy wasn't a big hit to begin with.

Also cinemascores are basically useless as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1

Well this reminds me of Kung Fu Panda 2 where a lot expected it to increase with the sequel (yours truly included) but disappointed. But it's not catastrophic level for Cloudy 2 ala Happy Feet 2 so this number is fine and we have to see Sat estimates first. Yeah it won't likely break HT's September record but it is still a good  opening