babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Wrong... Shreck exists 

Cars 2 is not even that bad, ppl only hate this because it came from Pixar, if it was a Dreamworks movie, the consensus would be that it is way better than their usual shit 

Cars 2 is just awful.

The Shrek franchise had a big misstep with Shrek the Third but the first two are both great and the fourth is solid

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Wrong... Shreck exists 

Cars 2 is not even that bad, ppl only hate this because it came from Pixar, if it was a Dreamworks movie, the consensus would be that it is way better than their usual shit 

No, I can name quite a few Dreamworks movies that are better than Cars 2

Related news, Daniel Gerson, Writer of ‘Cars 3,’ ‘Monsters, Inc.’ Dies At 49

Daniel Gerson, the writer of some of Disney’s most recognizable comedies, died of brain cancer on Feb. 8. He was only 49. He co-wrote many of Disney’s best known comedies which include, “Monsters, Inc.” and “Big Hero.” Gerson was working on Disney’s forthcoming sequel to “Cars,” Cars 3.

http://www.movienewsguide.com/daniel-gerson-writer-cars-3-monsters-inc-dies-49/156336

27 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't want to see anyone saying they need to make this to fund their original films, even with The Good Dinosaur flopping. It's pure Lasseter indulgence and I've accepted that. 

It's got nothing to do with what John Lasseter wants to make. It's probably the fact that CARS is one of Disney's biggest brands. Between the release of CARS and CARS 2, it grossed over $8 billion in merchandise sales. Sorry but it is massive. I'm surprised they haven't gotten to the point where they release one every other year, frankly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

It's got nothing to do with what John Lasseter wants to make. It's probably the fact that CARS is one of Disney's biggest brands. Between the release of CARS and CARS 2, it grossed over $8 billion in merchandise sales. Sorry but it is massive. I'm surprised they haven't gotten to the point where they release one every other year, frankly.

They don't need to and those sweet sweet toy dollars still keep coming in.  So...thank goodness they don't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Total Treecall said:

Cars was a John Lasseter passion project.

It was always his dream to make a movie with living cars.

7 hours ago, Total Treecall said:

Lasseter is the guy who greenlights these films. My point is they don't "need" to make them, they make them because he wants them to. They could still survive and make great films without these movies on their record.

I've accepted they're not perfect and they'll sometimes make things I won't like or understand, I just want this pretense of the Cars movies being a "necessary evil" to be dropped.

• Like 2

As long as merchandising from Cars gives Pixar the runway to launch movies unlike Cars 2, I am fine with how many ever they want to make.

Also, I am not giving up on Cars 3. I thought Cars was great and Cars 2 was bad. So that's 1-1. No reason that they can't have a decent Cars 3.

Edited by a2knet

11 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Will Cars 3 be good?

Who the hell cares it's all about the merchandising!

stop saying this shit, we all know that this franchise is the Lasseter's passion project, it isn't a Shreck or Hotel Transylvania where the movie were made only for money, although, I always thought really weird that Lasseter was not able to put his heart in these movies, if it is his special project, why he can't make more than just average movies? I don't get this