babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

If anything, Pixar has an excuse to exclusively push Coco for awards. I don't think they want another IO/TGD situation.

I think they're protecting their own critical brand that way. Don't worry about checking this one out if you're not the demo, because a great Lee Unkrich pic (also their first musical?) is coming up.

I also think that the box office of Cars 3 is irrelevant (it'll be their lowest grosser) because toys toys toys. DM3 will slay it and I doubt they'd care.

• Like 8

I think they're protecting their own critical brand that way. Don't worry about checking this one out if you're not the demo, because a great Lee Unkrich pic (also their first musical?) is coming up.

I also think that the box office of Cars 3 is irrelevant (it'll be their lowest grosser) because toys toys toys. DM3 will slay it and I doubt they'd care.

Yeah, they know they can get away with this because no other big studio has the balls to do what they do when they're feeling ambitious

• Like 1

While Cars 2 was the less of the Pixar films there is no denying Cars is VERY popular. (Cars land is awesome btw)

I do see this doing well either way.

Cars Land is by far and away the best thing to have come out of this franchise. It's fuckin' majestic.

tcl109246LARGE.jpg

Cars-Land-At-Night-Wide.jpg

racing.jpg

Makes me almost forgive the fact they're making Cars 3.

Edited by Cookie
  • Like 8

Cars Land is by far and away the best thing to have come out of this franchise. It's fuckin' majestic.

tcl109246LARGE.jpg

Cars-Land-At-Night-Wide.jpg

racing.jpg

Makes me almost forgive the fact they're making Cars 3.

The new golden standard of modern theme park design (well OK, tied with both Potter areas at Uni Orlando). 

Will be there again in 2 weeks! Can't freakin wait! 

Come to think of it.... :thinking:

Wouldn't it have been more interesting if there would have been humans in these films, as well. Especially in the start. The premise would have been something similar to the Toy Story films. Inanimate objects can come to life when humans aren't around. Except that with the case of "Cars"...it's with......well, cars!

That in a way, could have a more believable Pixar Universe and to connect with other Pixar films.

But nope.....Pixar had to make a universe where every creature is a vehicle. I guess some people didn't have trouble with all characters being cars and such. But....it could have been more interesting if there were humans along with the vehicles.

Keep the characters like Lightning McQueen, Mater, etc. Have the story being same as it is. Good. 

But....living cars and humans all together. Why didn't they make that too? :(  :unsure:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

I imagine they'll try and make Cars 3 a better film given the muted reception from Cars 2.

They may try, but there's nothing they can do to justify the creative existence of this franchise. It's impossible for me to fully relate to these characters since they populate a wholly implausible universe.

They may try, but there's nothing they can do to justify the creative existence of this franchise. It's impossible for me to fully relate to these characters since they populate a wholly implausible universe.

Cars was on TV the other day, and I was wondering how crashes can damage the cars so badly. I mean, their races are basically the equivalent of human athletics, even if a human running really fast goes into a barrier, he won't die or suffer extremely bad injuries. Car races are basically the marathons, so why does 2 cars bumping into each other damage them? 

The movie is a major logic bomb the more you think about it.

• Like 1