ecstasy

Wkd Est. BP 32m Grav 20.4m CP 11.8m TC 8m CWCM 6.1m (#s on pg 1)

You ladies should visit the haunted museum in the US where the real annabelle doll is on display along with other famous real life true story haunted objects.

Well, I know where I'm going first when going to the US. I found the movie a total joke, so hopefully the real shit is decent.

Edited by ChD

^^^ This is why I am convinced that pre-release RT score matters for adult-oriented movies. I think studios also believe this as they don't allow reviews for movies that have tested poorly.

Not always true. Look at PRISONERS with 81% RT Score. This is the kind of movie that should do a solid $80M, even scrap by $100M but it is stalling at $60M+. Plus Hugh Jackman.

Edited by zackzack

Not always true. Look at PRISONERS with 81% RT Score. This is the kind of movie that should do a solid $80M, even scrap by $100M but it is stalling at $60M+. Plus Hugh Jackman.

It opened better than expected but people didn't like some of the things in the movie so WOM was mixed. There is a recent pattern of well reviewed adult-oriented movies doing better than expected while poorly reviewed ones doing worse than expected.

The filmmaker trying to make a point w/ that ending, but I know what you are talking about from commercial pov.

I personally liked the ending but for the general public I can see why it wasn't all that great.  Artistically it's good to end it like that, but from a business standpoint, not so much.