ecstasy

Wkd Est. BP 32m Grav 20.4m CP 11.8m TC 8m CWCM 6.1m (#s on pg 1)

Gravity is making an absolute killing in France, it is going to be Gravity's 2nd biggest market after the US until uk and China open.

It is making IM3 numbers to give you an idea.

Theaters are packed !

But it and Thor2 will hamper each other when Thor2 releases this Wednesday.

Would it sound pessimistic if I say I don't have much hope for next weekend? 

This thing is still in less than 125 theatres, which means that this is still the arthouse crowd going to see it and it only increased 123% BO this weekend on the back of a more than 100 theatre increase. 

See Silver Linings Playbook last year. Platform releases aren't an exact science. 

I think Last Vegas could hit 30 million. Those four actors are well liked by an older crowd.

I think we are past actors of this age being a draw.  They have to be in a film that has an interersting concept.  I haven't seen many commercials for LV and the concept of it doesn't really sound like something I'd want to spend 12 bucks on so I'd be surprised if it opened well.  10-12 mill imo.  Ender's Game looks like another John Carter to me.  I don't really see the appeal of it.  Free Birds is animation of some kind so it should resonate with kids...so it should open well.

Really I'm seeing ads all the time for LV

Oh I wsn't implying that there aren't plenty of commercials, just that I personally haven't seen them.

I think we are past actors of this age being a draw.  They have to be in a film that has an interersting concept.  I haven't seen many commercials for LV and the concept of it doesn't really sound like something I'd want to spend 12 bucks on so I'd be surprised if it opened well.  10-12 mill imo.  Ender's Game looks like another John Carter to me.  I don't really see the appeal of it.  Free Birds is animation of some kind so it should resonate with kids...so it should open well.

If ENDER'S GAME didn't open to more than $20M, GRAVITY may come back up at No. 1 with $14M then?

Breaking news: Olivia Wilde's pregnant. Who takes over the box office poison crown while she's on hiatus? :lol:

Last Vegas could go either way, but I think it helps that the characters/stars are being real about their age and not roided and surgeried to death pretending to be thirty years younger than they are–young people aren't fooled and more mature people think they look ridiculous.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica