Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

I can't believe they turned Sofia Boutella (the blade girl in Kingsman) to a white alien with black ridges on face...I mean WTF?! Such a badass sexy girl...Justin Lin trying to be James Cameron but failing badly. Cameron turned Zoe Saldana to a sexy blue navi alien, and was smart to not cover her or put a black suit on her.

Paramount brought justin lin & Simon pegg on board as director & writer, and told them to make a movie that has potential to hit 1 billion...LOL...wtf...this looks like it will struggle to do even ST09 numbers worldwide.

Waiting for the HD teaser to get a better impression of the movie.

• Like 1

The trailer gives a vibe of a fun, adventure film. It's interesting they are not taking the 'epic' approach as other blockbusters do, even though this will come out by the 50th anniversary.

The setting is not particularly interesting or exciting, but it does look entertaining. I laughed with the 'dying alone' bit by McCoy.

Seems closer to an episode of the TV shows or the smaller-scale films like Insurrection, which could be a welcomed change of pace.

Still, I don't think First Contact's title of the last truly great Star Trek film is in any danger.

• Like 1