CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

$17m was from the weekdays - most probably before DOFP hit

It made $11.2m on the w/e according to Rentrak.  It dropped 66% from last weekend.  With even more competition showing up even $20m might be too much to ask.

hmm yeah. with china going away, 505m does seem like the max.

lol i just called someone out when they said that today.

no harm done  :ph34r:

movie year OS-China

SM1 2002    414

SM2 2004    404

SM3 2007    535

TASM 2012  442

TSM2 2014  <400

With the exception of Spider-Man 3 the BO of all Spideys has remained about the same in the World without China and Northamerica. It grew in China and it shrunk in NA.

so TASM2 now stands at $400.1m in OS minus China

still the weakest result of all the Spider-Man movies

combine that with the ever decreasing results in North America (if it makes less than 205 there, its fall from the 4th movie will be steeper than the fall 3rd to 4th movie(22%) and it follows: Spider-Man should be totally streamlined to the Chinese market in the future

The gross for full week was 25.25m only, TASM2's gross after last Sunday was later updated to 463.75m.Out of this, China did around 10.3m while the rest of the markets did 15m. China has another 3-4m left while the rest another 10-11m.500m will happen, but barely.

• Like 1

China with $92m and Europe (without Russia, which has historically been excluded from the European cultural circle since the Mongol invasion of the 13th century) with $120m

When will be the first major Hollywood movie making more money in China than in Europe?

I bet it will be a Superhero movie, perhaps TASM3!!

• Like 3

That's an interesting observation, Rudolf.Correct me if I am wrong but Pacific Rim should have done significantly more in China than in entire Europe.

You are right, but is a movie with $49.5m BO in Europe without Russia really a major movie?

In China it had $112m.

• Like 1

You are right, but is a movie with $49.5m BO in Europe without Russia really a major movie?

In China it had $112m.

yes. Probably escape plan also did the same considering china was 1/3 WW and higher than even domestic. But its an irrelevant movie. PR is not bad but still a bomb outside china.

China with $92m and Europe (without Russia, which has historically been excluded from the European cultural circle since the Mongol invasion of the 13th century) with $120m When will be the first major Hollywood movie making more money in China than in Europe? I bet it will be a Superhero movie, perhaps TASM3!!

Cap2 did more or less the same in China than in Europe (Russia included). Around $115m

so TASM2 now stands at $400.1m in OS minus China

still the weakest result of all the Spider-Man movies

combine that with the ever decreasing results in North America (if it makes less than 205 there, its fall from the 4th movie will be steeper than the fall 3rd to 4th movie(22%) and it follows: Spider-Man should be totally streamlined to the Chinese market in the future

Bingbing Fan for MJ

Edited by a2k

China with $92m and Europe (without Russia, which has historically been excluded from the European cultural circle since the Mongol invasion of the 13th century) with $120m

When will be the first major Hollywood movie making more money in China than in Europe?

I bet it will be a Superhero movie, perhaps TASM3!!

Good point that about Russia and the Mongols could be argued I love Russian and Mongol history.

DOFP should beat it in OS which is incredible considering TASM2 had open OS run for weeks before Godzilla opened. 

Even more marvelous is the fact that the worst previous Spider-Man made $410m OS, while the best previous X-Men made $282m.

Well it only needs about another $20 million more and it could make $7 million or more in USA yet.

But where would it get the other $13m?  It made $4.1m O/S this w/e and it's leaving China this week.  It probably has another $5-6m O/S.

Weekend #s and totals

O/S:  $4,100,000  ($497,300,000)

Dom: $3,775,000  ($192,732,297)

Total: $7,875,000  ($690,032,297)

It should pass $700m but right now $705m is looking like a stretch

Edit:  Forgot that it's still in Japan so it might do a couple million more than that.  hard to find recent non Frozen numbers in the Japan thread. :D

Edited by TalismanRing