Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

I can't wait for the Avengers grossed only 500 million meltdowns

A flop! Reboot needed with all the cast members besides RDJ replaced by RDJ clones (Marvel/Dis will sponsor this technology development to ensure that no-flop will happen again!)!

Edited by Talon

He's definitely the best character on the show. And you need to catch up, the last few episodes kick ass!

Alas, I don't have time to catch up until Thanksgiving. :( I plan on watching the last five in the season as my own little Korra movie. I just hope they end this season well... last season's ending retroactively ruined everything else in the season.

Alas, I don't have time to catch up until Thanksgiving. :( I plan on watching the last five in the season as my own little Korra movie. I just hope they end this season well... last season's ending retroactively ruined everything else in the season.

A lot of people are hating on it, and I totally get why but I dig the way it ended. Like the ending of a few Avatar seasons there's a lot of deus ex machina involved. 

• Like 1

A lot of people are hating on it, and I totally get why but I dig the way it ended. Like the ending of a few Avatar seasons there's a lot of deus ex machina involved. 

You talking Book 1 ending or Book 2 ending? Because I understand deus ex machina, but let me put it this way: A:TLA's finale had good deus ex machina because Aang worked for it, but Korra Book 1 had awful deus ex machina because Korra's airbending ability came out of nowhere since she barely trained and ugh don't make me continue how much I hated Book 1's ending so awful

You talking Book 1 ending or Book 2 ending? Because I understand deus ex machina, but let me put it this way: A:TLA's finale had good deus ex machina because Aang worked for it, but Korra Book 1 had awful deus ex machina because Korra's airbending ability came out of nowhere since she barely trained and ugh don't make me continue how much I hated Book 1's ending so awful

Talking Book 2. Though I actually liked the Book 1 ending as well.

Talking Book 2. Though I actually liked the Book 1 ending as well.

Ah, well I'm looking forward to watching it. (mostly because I got spoiled on

Iroh returning which sounds super awesome

) Not gonna get into Book 1 arguing though, but I'll say that the Beginnings episodes is what easily turned around this season for the better.

Ah, well I'm looking forward to watching it. (mostly because I got spoiled on

Iroh returning which sounds super awesome

) Not gonna get into Book 1 arguing though, but I'll say that the Beginnings episodes is what easily turned around this season for the better.

It feels like the second half of the second season is from different writers and a different animation studio (which is actually true) from the first half it's waaaay better.

• Like 1

It will make history as the first film to go over 500M be a box office flop (according to some) LOL.

Just like how Catching Fire will be the first 180M OW film to be considered a 'flop'

Anyone who says 180M is disappointing for Catching Fire deserves to be shot. 

• Like 3

lol.

It will.  Ant Man will be released 15 weeks after TA2. 

TA1 stayed 22 weeks and was still airing when TASM and then TDKR were releasedAgain, that's the right time for Disney to expand it during Ant Man release and bump this movie results at least during its OW.

TA2 will not be in mainstream theaters by the time Ant Man rolls around. TA dropped under 1,000 in early June, and with TA2 bound to be more frontloaded Im sure it'll be the same. The summer is crowded and will eat away at screens. Smaller lower-tier theaters (not the same as dollar) could still be playing it, but come the end of July you cant expect your local "Regal Hollywood 16" or "AMC Boardwalk 18" to be playing it. No movie, no matter how big, lasts in mainstream theaters that long. Even Gravity is already out of my theater at home and its still in the top 6 in a less competitive fall.

Edited by Jandrew

Funny enough, I actually enjoyed John Carter for what it was.I have no idea why Disney sunk so much money into it and marketed it so poorly.

John Carter cost as much as it did because Andrew Stanton made a lot of rookie mistakes directing it. He didn't get a lot of shots he needed during principal photography and some footage ended up being useless when the effects houses started work. There were extensive (and expensive) reshoots that added tens of millions to the budget. I think that I read somewhere that Carter had over 30 days of reshoots with sets having to be rebuilt in the desert to accommodate them. By that time Disney had no choice but to keep pissing money down the mouse hole. 

The poor marketing is down to the woman Disney's ex-chief hired as head of the department. She bungled Carter's marketing badly and was blamed for problems with other films. When the studio realized that Carter was going to tank they threw more money at its marketing instead of crafting better trailers and ads. By the time TA rolled around, Disney had given responsibility for marketing it to others and she was on her way out. She was still in charge of Carter until the bitter end, however. With her (and Rich Ross) gone Disney's marketing machine is back in good form. 

Anyone who says 180M is disappointing for Catching Fire deserves to be shot. 

How about $179M?  :thinking:

• Like 1