Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

This is going to easily surpass Pirates both OS and WW, the only question is about the DOM potential.

Pirates is looking at a -42% drop compared to the fourth movie, OS-C, if we apply the same drop to TF5, it would make around $313m OS-C plus $300m from China, and it has a great shot at surpassing $600m OS. The first Transformers surpass the third Pirates DOM, back in 2007. The third TF destroyed the fourth Pirates DOM/WW, back in 2011. I hope that this will be the year where Transformers will surpass Pirates DOM/OS/WW.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This is going to easily surpass Pirates both OS and WW, the only question is about the DOM potential.

Pirates is looking at a -42% drop compared to the fourth movie, OS-C, if we apply the same drop to TF5, it would make around $313m OS-C plus $300m from China, and it has a great shot at surpassing $600m OS. The first Transformers surpass the third Pirates DOM, back in 2007. The third TF destroyed the fourth Pirates DOM/WW, back in 2011. I hope that this will be the year where Transformers will surpass Pirates DOM/OS/WW.

POTC5 is the roof domestically IMO. Movies aimed squarely at fans have not fared well this year.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I promised myself I'd never watch another Michael Bay movie and I skipped Transformers 4 and his Benghazi movie, but if Michael Bay is tackling feminism or female empowerment, I may have to make an exception for this.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chewy said:

Love seeing TV spots that call this the movie event of the summer

Paramount is stilll being very humble, or at least humble"r" than promoting Transformers 4 for Best Picture.

XArxhPK.jpg

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Paramount is stilll being very humble, or at least humble"r" than promoting Transformers 4 for Best Picture.

XArxhPK.jpg

Just imagine if it had been nominated...

"Okay, our nominations are Birdman, Boyhood, Whiplash, Imitation Game, Theory of Everything...Transformers?"