Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

This movie won't have toxic word of mouth.

The bad reviews are actually helping the movie. People will see it just to see if it's as bad as critics are saying. Call it reverse word of mouth. Movie is so badly reviewed that people are actually curious to watch it! :)

Once they watch it, they'll watch it again to see what's so bad about it. lol

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

How is this thread 122 pages? Can't believe there was this much conversation about this one LOL. 

I'd say a good portion of page rise is the last week

Just came back from the movie and enjoyed it for what it was like POTC 5 go with the right expectations. The Visual Effects are best in the series I believe, my jaw dropped multiple times. The story was a mess but I've come to expect for a Transformers movie. The ending was rushed. I'd rank it third best behind Transformers 1 and 3. 

My theater was was packed and people seemed to enjoy it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This movie won't have toxic word of mouth.

The bad reviews are actually helping the movie. People will see it just to see if it's as bad as critics are saying. Call it reverse word of mouth. Movie is so badly reviewed that people are actually curious to watch it! :)

Once they watch it, they'll watch it again to see what's so bad about it. lol

I think domestically it will have toxic WOM. If this movie follows the trends of the TF movies, it is likely be very front-loaded and peter-out fast similar to TF:AoE. I can understand some people going because they are curious if it is as bad as people say, but they aren't going to see it again if they thought it was bad.

The audience scores will definitely be a lot higher than the critic scores, especially on this one. And as typical, I expect fresh reviews to start coming in from critics who simply like to be contrarian (e.g. rate a bad movie good just because everybody else hated it, or a good movie bad just because everyone else liked it).

I predict RT critics to put it at 23%, and audiences at 58%. I think it will do relatively well this week, then fall off hard next weekend and really hard in the 3rd.

My novice predictions for domestic rankings:

1st Wknd: 1-TF5, 2-WW, 3-Cars3 (very close to WW)

2nd Wknd: 1-DM3, 2-Baby Driver, 3-TF5, 4-WW

3rd Wknd: 1-SP:HC, 2-DM3, 3-Baby Driver, 4-WW, 5-TF5

3kInJv3.jpg

Course, I'm new at this and will probably be proven completely wrong :o:) 

Edited by grimfandango

At least I got a free t-shirt. New writers, same story.  It had some entertaining moments, but...it's bad.

My audience groaned audibly

Spoiler

when the little girl and the little robot was on the plane at the end headed to the fight. WHAT?

There was some chuckling at the end when the credits rolled (me included).

I am still holding to my $68M (5-day) prediction, but if it gets less, I wouldn't be surprised.

10 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Just came back from the movie and enjoyed it for what it was like POTC 5 go with the right expectations. The Visual Effects are best in the series I believe, my jaw dropped multiple times. The story was a mess but I've come to expect for a Transformers movie. The ending was rushed. I'd rank it third best behind Transformers 1 and 3. 

My theater was was packed and people seemed to enjoy it. 

How was King Arthur, asking for a mod

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I don't even fucking know but this film is going to provide a much needed rebound for the comedy genre.

ALSO NO FUCKING CLOVERFIELD TRAILER

So how many :ohmygod: would you give?

• Like 2