Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

You know, people complain about Firedeep being pessimistic, but John Marston puts him to shame at times. He's one big ominous, and very often arrogant, cloud hanging over the forum at times like this.

LOL He does it for every movie. It's like no matter what the glass is empty. But it's ok. That's who he is. But I couldn't help commenting on your post because I noticed it too.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that make it easier to beat the OD record, with more extra shows and all?

Well not necessarily. Somebody like me would take advantage of the 8pm Thursday previews just to avoid the weekend crowd. That means less people to see it on the weekend. That's just a possibility. Nothing written in stone.

• Like 1

Got a kick out of this quote from my local newspaper online article about last night's premiere

"Opening night for a movie like The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is exciting, not always for the movie itself, but the devoted fan base that it brings through the doors," shared Shift Manager REDACTED. "I fully expect to see fans on the same level as Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hobbit in terms of dress and memorabilia that is brought with to the theater."

Hobbit>Katniss confirmed

Also, was hoping for higher midnights, but this is fine. Hope it beats IM3 still though

Are you freaking kidding me? 

New Moon to BD2 all had atrocious legs. They didn't get strong late legs like Potter did. 

not that much of difference

average drops after third weekend:

BD2 - 38.9%NM - 37.6%DH1 - 30.4%

both had very good late legs

Got a kick out of this quote from my local newspaper online article about last night's premiere

Hobbit>Katniss confirmed

Also, was hoping for higher midnights, but this is fine. Hope it beats IM3 still though

Nah The Hobbit sucked

THG   > Hobbit in terms of domestic gross and reviews. 

• Like 1