Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Wouldn't that make it easier to beat the OD record, with more extra shows and all?

You would think. When studios first started including even just 10:00 showings in the "midnight" numbers, I assumed we'd have tons of films breaking the midnight/OD records. But the extra showtimes don't really seem to have made any difference. Even BD2, as the only Twilight with early shows, didn't do noticeably better than Eclipse or BD1, which were "real" midnight openings.

Wouldn't that make it easier to beat the OD record, with more extra shows and all?

In theory, but really popular movies (DH2, TDK, TDKR) basically had shows running all night. There were 3am and 6am shows counted towards "midnights". Basically what's happened is that many of those showtimes have now moved pre-midnight. In the theaters I track, TDKR actually ended up with more showtimes than CF, despite it being a "midnight only" movie.

TDK - Yes

TA - Hell No.

That answer doesn't make any sense. TDK and TA were basically the same in Friday day business when you take 3D away from TA and adjust TDK for 4 years of inflation. You're talking about around $54.5m. That's a tough number to reach no matter what.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:

[*]

IMAX now updating that 'Catching Fire' late shows gargantuan +75% over first 'Hunger Games' and saying ran out of seats!

[*]

@NikkiFinke @Boxoffice_buzz I find this hard to believe. We have our own guys tracking IMAX and sellouts last night were soft. I call BS.

• Like 9

Thought you'd get a kick out of this:

Countdown to her either blocking you, PMing you to complain or both.