Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

If an original movie opens to 152m, there is not that much room to grow.

To be honest, the hype for the first movie was bigger and I guess they got a little bit sloppy with marketing this time.

And to me, the first book was the best one, by far and the second one is not easy to promote with some of the same key plot points

Why not dominate March/April like HG did instead of getting two weekends at the box office before you're considered old news (like all the Potter and Twilight films)? The 130-150 figure in Variety could indicate a somewhat steep decline from HG. I guess the franchise peaked in curiosity/popularity last year.

It looks like cowardice

I don't think they will cancel, I think they will delay the release until get more money, 350M is very little. they will wait fix the failure.

haha Cjohn was being sarcastic...unless you were being sarcastic as well :P 

I don't think they will cancel, I think they will delay the release until get more money, 350M is very little. they will wait fix the failure.

No no no, 350m is huge. HUGE. Especially off a 130m production budget. While I'm sure they wanted more, Lionsgate will be rolling in their CF money.

Why not dominate March/April like HG did instead of getting two weekends at the box office before you're considered old news (like all the Potter and Twilight films)?The 130-150 figure in Variety could indicate a somewhat steep decline from HG. I guess the franchise peaked in curiosity/popularity last year.

What a notion.  I have no idea who's been saying that since summer time.  

The moment someone makes a 'What Went Wrong' thread for this is the moment i set this website on fire..lol I don't care even if its Star Wars or Avengers, if a movie makes 140 mill in one weekend, thats fucking awesome. Perspective people!

If an original movie opens to 152m, there is not that much room to grow.

To be honest, the hype for the first movie was bigger and I guess they got a little bit sloppy with marketing this time.

And to me, the first book was the best one, by far and the second one is not easy to promote with some of the same key plot points

Sloppy marketing?? First I've heard.

People should stop comparing to Avengers or IM. It won't perform the same

Who's comparing this to TA? BBallman's meme was about how wrong early numbers can be. Or at least that's what I thought his intention was. Personally, I'm not gonna do a meltdown until I see studio estimate under 60m. And probably not even then, since I'm not really invested in CF's success.

Edited by Accursed Architect!™