Plain Old Tele

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Here's the 4:50 show at the Citywalk IMAX (a true IMAX). Remember, this show starts in 5 minutes.

Posted Image

I stared at this for two full minutes thinking it was the shape of something.

Back to the psychiatrist for me, I guess!

• Like 6

‘Catching Fire’ Trails Original ‘Hunger Games’ But Still Massive at Box Office With $140 Mil Weekend

Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen is burning up the box office — though early returns show “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” probably won’t match the original’s opening this weekend.

Based on Friday matinee sales, industry observers estimated the launch frame for the U.S. would finish between $130 million to $150 million domestically.

That’s a monstrous total that could place the Lionsgate tentpole in the top 10 domestic openings of all time, but will trail “The Hunger Games,” which is sixth on the Top 10 list with $152.2 million in March, 2012. The first “Games” carried the advantages of opening amidst the massive popularity of the Suzanne Collins book trilogy and when many of its target teen and young adult moviegoers were on spring break.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/catching-fire-trails-original-hunger-games-but-still-massive-at-box-office-with-140-mil-weekend-1200870692/

• Like 2

I stared at this for two full minutes thinking it was the shape of something.

Back to the psychiatrist for me, I guess!

It's a telephone for THG diehards helpline…it's ringing so you better pick it up.

• Like 3

‘Catching Fire’ Trails Original ‘Hunger Games’ But Still Massive at Box Office With $140 Mil Weekend

Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen is burning up the box office — though early returns show “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” probably won’t match the original’s opening this weekend.

Based on Friday matinee sales, industry observers estimated the launch frame for the U.S. would finish between $130 million to $150 million domestically.

That’s a monstrous total that could place the Lionsgate tentpole in the top 10 domestic openings of all time, but will trail “The Hunger Games,” which is sixth on the Top 10 list with $152.2 million in March, 2012. The first “Games” carried the advantages of opening amidst the massive popularity of the Suzanne Collins book trilogy and when many of its target teen and young adult moviegoers were on spring break.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/catching-fire-trails-original-hunger-games-but-still-massive-at-box-office-with-140-mil-weekend-1200870692/

Oh lord

• Like 1

Uhhh...NO.

Those early numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, but unless tomorrows box office improves, someone was going to start a thread called Hunger Games: Catching Fire: What Went Wrong regardless.

Edited by Fancyarcher