ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

17 minutes ago, Empire said:

I think he was practicing his Gambit voice. 

Then I hope he won't improve for Gambit and just keep it like that. Cause that's hilarious and glorious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I'm seeing this with a friend tomorrow and trying to decide if it's worth doing the 70MM or traveling to Sawgrass to see it in regular. What say everyone?

If you have the option to see 70mm, you owe yourself to. Not only is it so rare and also visually beautiful, but it's the best cut of the film too. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

If you have the option to see 70mm, you owe yourself to. Not only is it so rare and also visually beautiful, but it's the best cut of the film too. 

Plans got set for the regular version not long after my post. Ah well.

Edited by filmlover

Gotta contribute my QT 2000s ranking just because

Django

Kill Bill Vol 2

Basterds

Hateful 8

Kill Bill Vol 1

Death Proof

I normally like to rate Kill Bill as a whole though, but oh well. 

Looking back at it, there's nothing that has reached the level of Pulp Fiction yet, but they're still a bunch of pretty damn great movies there. 

I loved Hateful 8 for being very Tarantino-esque. But I also hope that his next project will be something different, something more in the veins of Jackie Brown perhaps. 

7 hours ago, Sam said:

Then I hope he won't improve for Gambit and just keep it like that. Cause that's hilarious and glorious.

It was like he tried three different accents at different points and then kinda smushed them together.

• Like 2

So after giving the score an independent listen, I do like it a good bit. The two main themes ("L'Ultima Diligenza" and "Neve") are both great, very eerie and ominous. Not a lot of incidental music that doesn't play off the two themes in some way, but it's good.

Not elite Morricone, but the guy's 87 so I will take as much good stuff from him as I can get.

Also, took a look at his discography and here are some films he did music for I never realized he did:

Hamlet (Mel Gibson version)

In the Line of Fire

Bulworth

Mission to Mars

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3