Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

Speaking of DM, I see Minions not doing as near as well, for one thing they are missing half of it. I love the Minions, but love the other characters too! Which is a problem for that, should of been DM3 instead. (Plus the fact that the Minions only speak gibberish wouldn't translate well)

It did fine but decreased from the original, despite a ton of buzz (here) and excellent reviews.

Ridiculous comparison. First it opened great and second, it had great hold on 2nd weekend. It completely got blitzed by DM2 and never recovered. IF HTTYD2 starts like MU than it's in great shape as there is no DM2 next year.  ;)

Speaking of DM, I see Minions not doing as near as well, for one thing they are missing half of it. I love the Minions, but love the other characters too! Which is a problem for that, should of been DM3 instead. (Plus the fact that the Minions only speak gibberish wouldn't translate well)

DM3 will happen, just not next. And have you read the plot? Its actually set in the 1960's and part in Antarctica. So before the Despicable Me events which is modern day. Who knows if they'll talk, but the plot alone should make for fun entertainment. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minions_(film)

Well according to the ride at Universal (which I have not ridden), Gru created them :P

Edit: But still quite a few people want everyone to come back

(Also the kids should age a little)

Edited by Impact

Well according to the ride at Universal (which I have not ridden), Gru created them :P

Edit: But still quite a few people want everyone to come back

(Also the kids should age a little)

DM3 will happen, its already been confirmed by Steve Burke...and DM2's $900M gross. Universal just wants to strike the iron with the Minions while its still hot, and do something new. People will get tired of them before they get tired of Gru or Agnes. And I guess they'll change up the "Gru created them" plot, but its a kids movie so it doesn't really matter haha.

Edited by Jandrew

Just got home from work, and I have a question/suggestion:

Is there any way we can have a single thread here that lists new trailers that come out? With no discussion allowed at all? Just a new post each time a new trailer is released?

It took me a while to find what new trailers were released today, and I think it could be very useful for a lot of folks if there was a single catch-all thread that featured all of them. I suspect the thread would be a very popular one for people who don't read every single post in every single thread. Just make a few simple rules to keep it properly functional, like "one post-one trailer" and "no discussion allowed, take your comments to the actual thread for the movie".

Anyone else think it's a good idea?

• Like 8

Frozen is going to get 25% by the end of Christmas and New Year's  ;) it's nearly a foregone conclusion that Frozen's heading to $300 million with holiday legs 

Oh yeah, I'm certain of 300M.  25% would put it on pace for 320M.

• Like 1

Just got back from Anchorman 2. Enjoyed the movie. There were some really funny jokes and some jokes which fell flat but overall it was a really well made comedy. I had watched Anchorman yesterday and the 2 movies show just how far Steve Carell has come in 9 years.

• Like 3

Just got back from Anchorman 2. Enjoyed the movie. There were some really funny jokes and some jokes which fell flat but overall it was a really well made comedy. I had watched Anchorman yesterday and the 2 movies show just how far Steve Carell has come in 9 years.

That's good to hear. I'm seeing it Saturday with a big group of friends from home so this should be fun.

I know it has nothing to do with this but someone knows a game of simulation of a studio of hollywood? I only know one and I already zeroed 900 times. someone knows?

There's The Movies, but I think the simulation aspect is kind of shallow and frustrating. Hollywood Movie Studio (formerly Hollywood Mogul) has been around for almost 20 years and has a small cult following, but it's a pretty hardcore business simulation with lots of text and numbers.

• Like 1