kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Also, random but im scrolling BOM's yearlies and just realized 28 Weeks Later made $28M. Theres another movie with a number where this happened. Thats kind of neat. Maybe they shouldve named it 100 Weeks Later?

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

And I'm done with the two towers and started , eowyn gets on my nerves grr nowhere near fishnets grievance against the actress LOL Started return of the king. Cannot wait for bit where aragorn blows eowyn off "look I already have a girl and she's THE elvish princess ok" probably will see that tomorrow think its time I called it a night Drama going on between sam frodo and schizo gollum

Top 200 Overall Weekends

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/top12sum.htm

With the current estimates, the #1 film, DOS, is the lowest % of total weekend gross in the entire top 200 (16.1%).  What a massive and well distributed weekend this was.

#1424 among all weekends. Crazy.

Lowest #1 share of weekends over $118 million.

Of course the delight of finding that fact was diminished by having to remember that Meet The Spartans existed and hit #1.

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

I know it's off-topic but what a crazy day of football. Just stunned at the quality today, probably the greatest day of regular season ever. Aaron "double check" Rodgers, manned up today and seeing Cowgirls choke is always fun.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

You know, the main thing about The Last Airbender's devastating blow to everybody when it opened was that it did not look like a complete shitty mess beforehand.  The marketing by Paramount was actually great, they had a well put-together website and ad campaign that actually looked appealing, unless you really tried to find you couldn't tell that there would be huge glaring flaws in the movie.  

The CGI and set designs (especially for the Northern Water Tribe) were actually quite beautiful, and JNH's score snippets were fantastic too.  Honestly to me, as a huge fan of the show I wasn't worried until 2 days before its release and there still weren't any reviews out yet.  Then the floodgates opened and the putrid reviews poured in and I was devastated.

This is true. I remember how there was a wave of positivity in the weeks leading up to its release, with people crying, "M. Night is BACK!". The promos were spectacular and backed the hype. So then the actual quality of the movie when it opened was a big, shocking blow. HATED it that the humor of the series was surgically removed from the film. Shyamalan is an enemy of fun or what? And Dev Patel should have been Sokka instead of Zuko. In fact, if there was a tribe that could have been whitewashed without much controversy, it was the Fire tribe. So of course that had to be the only colored tribe in the movie! :P 

I just got back from Wolf of Wallstreet and it was just great. Leo really deserves that Oscar for this one, he was just amazing.

I think The Last Airbender is the only movie I ever walked out of. I hated it that much.

• Like 2

@leylaYes PJ is very lucky to have dedicated fans like us who have a deep appreciation for the world and characters he createdToday doesn't feel like a sunday , I woke up late at 10am didn't eat before 1.30pm , did some chores and now to do a fitness dvd have to kickstart the new year the right way lol then I'll sit down to watch two towers and at some point I'll tell miranda otto character to keep her paws off aragorn he's taken ok lollllllOh dear the news michael schumacher is in the hospital hit his head against a rock while skiing , aie I still remember liam neeson wife freak ski accident that cost her her life!And I still have RUSH(great film btw) fresh in my mind , these athletes are always living on the edge

he's lucky to have us + esp b/c there are a bunch of haters around every corner ready to praze their favs & diss DoS

Rush is great indeed

Its too bad for Michael :(

TTT is a blast. Def my fav of the 5 movies

the scene with Aragorn & Eowyn where she makes him eat her soup(? was it fish or smth?) gets me everytime :rofl:  :rofl: they should have kept it in the theatrical version.Lulzy as hell

Edited by Tauriel

I just got back from Wolf of Wallstreet and it was just great. Leo really deserves that Oscar for this one, he was just amazing.

I think The Last Airbender is the only movie I ever walked out of. I hated it that much.

I think WoWS will have a good long run. It'll be the least affected by the end of holidays.

It must have been awkward for guy friends to see Brokeback Mountain together.

I find this attitude strange to say the least.  And it happens all the time.  I had to see Brokeback alone, because no one wanted to go with me.  I also saw Magic Mike alone as no one would go to that either.  I think it's strange that people can think of you a certain way because of the films you watch.  I've even gotten strange looks from people when I am alone in a Disney animated film.  It's like the parents look at me as if I drive a white van and am coaxing the children to it with candy.  

I love movies and I'll see anything.  Attitudes toward what you see are really misplaced.  

• Like 11