kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

I find this attitude strange to say the least.  And it happens all the time.  I had to see Brokeback alone, because no one wanted to go with me.  I also saw Magic Mike alone as no one would go to that either.  I think it's strange that people can think of you a certain way because of the films you watch.  I've even gotten strange looks from people when I am alone in a Disney animated film.  It's like the parents look at me as if I drive a white van and am coaxing the children to it with candy.  

I love movies and I'll see anything.  Attitudes toward what you see are really misplaced.  

I think generally in our society going to the movies is seen as an social event..

Meaning going to watch films with friends and family.

If I ever go to the theater myself and I rarely ever do, last time was for ASM last July, I usually say I went with someone to avoid the awkward looks. 

Lol I always remember the looks I got when I said I liked the Notebook and watched Magic mike in one sentence  :D

Does this look like a child rapist to you (on the left)?

Posted Image

You look so fucking badass Baumer. 

Wait, how did this thread end up in a conversation about pedophiles  :lol: ?

Edited by CJohn

I find this attitude strange to say the least.  And it happens all the time.  I had to see Brokeback alone, because no one wanted to go with me.  I also saw Magic Mike alone as no one would go to that either.  I think it's strange that people can think of you a certain way because of the films you watch.  I've even gotten strange looks from people when I am alone in a Disney animated film.  It's like the parents look at me as if I drive a white van and am coaxing the children to it with candy.  

I love movies and I'll see anything.  Attitudes toward what you see are really misplaced.  

I probably see 90% of movies I go to myself, but it's really a numbers game. My friends and family see a movie maybe once a month on average (and that's being generous), while I go to the movies 2-3 times a week. I prefer to go with people, but I certainly don't mind going by myself.

THIS HAPPENS TO ME EVERY GODDAMN TIME!!!!I feel better now since I am not the only one :lol:

• Like 2

Baumer I have to say you're right people should be able to watch what they want when they want! I get funny looks because I don't feel obligated to go watch every movie with black people in it , thing is most of them are crappy bad quality acting writing and tyler perry is just ughhh now when one is good and finds grace in my eyes I have no problem saying so and recommending it but its so rare.for the most part its just that I'm a scifi/fantasy gal at heart when I'm not going around as an upperbrow chick who only watches oscar caliber drama and period pieces I go to the movies alone all the time I like it that way I just want to enjoy the film when I do go with a friend as she's less fluent in english I always end up talking here and there when she doesn't quite understand something and that takes me out of the movie but she has a car and sometimes you have to see the film at night coz rare daytime showings aren't to my convenience! I use to go with my cousin before but he moved to mainland france a year ago for work @leyla lollll indeed that scene is too funny , I don't know what was in that soup but it look like something an orc might eat as they're not particular about food!Watched an hour of the return of the king then went to sleep that EE is literally 4 hrs long so have to pace myself ha ha ha shit is going all over the place from the first minute of this film one giant climax !

• Like 2

Saving Mr. Banks, The Hunger Games, Place Beyond The Pines and Trance were the only movies I saw at the cinema by myself this year.

Though last year I saw Silver Linings Playbook by myself and it was me and a bunch of couples and some of them were totally giving me "aw, poor guy." looks.

• Like 1

I've been going to movies by myself for 25 years.  I prefer it.  I really get into most films, even the ones I don't care for.  I can't stand people trying to talk to me during the film.  I don't mind the occasional comment of course but I find some people I go with want to discuss the minutiae of the film during it.  Not my speed.  Once the film starts, I'm lost in that world, and that's how I want to stay.

• Like 7

I've been going to movies by myself for 25 years.  I prefer it.  I really get into most films, even the ones I don't care for.  I can't stand people trying to talk to me during the film.  I don't mind the occasional comment of course but I find some people I go with want to discuss the minutiae of the film during it.  Not my speed.  Once the film starts, I'm lost in that world, and that's how I want to stay.

Yeah I am sure I see 90% of movies on my own and I have zero problem with it.  There are some people that ruin the experience and some that are ok, but overall, unless it is some huge event, it is better to see it alone.

• Like 1

A lot of films can be quite boring if you fail to get engaged into them. Up to last year I hadn't gone to the cinema by myself and I thought the people who did were a bit weird but now I see it can be more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Yeah I am sure I see 90% of movies on my own and I have zero problem with it.  There are some people that ruin the experience and some that are ok, but overall, unless it is some huge event, it is better to see it alone.

Agreed!

I have seen all the prequels for SW with friends, and along with horror movie openings, the crowds for these films makes it fun.  The crowd lost their mind when Yoda takes out his lightsabre in Clones.  It was like a party when watching Friday the 13th and Matrix Reloaded might as well have been a rave.

So there are exceptions of course, but most of the time, for me, alone is better.

• Like 1

Going by my Twitter and a few Twitter searches, it seems a perfect quality version of American Hustle has leaked online.

This always happens on the run up to Oscar season because of Screeners. Saving Mr Banks was out last week too.

Probably won't effect box office anyway, people who download tend not to go to the cinema in the first place.

• Like 1