Punishment

Weekend Actuals 12/27-12/29 DOS $29.0M Frz $28.6M

It depend on PA. It's going to be close between them. 

But over the weekend, most movies didn't follow 2002 either. I do expect strong hold, how strong we'll see. 9M+ would lead to a tiny drop over the weekend and lock up 300M+ by Sunday. 

If Frozen can have a light drop from this weekend (will be determined based off the monday, I think it can), I think it will be able to out-do Paranormal which im predicting opens below 20m or right at it.

Watched American Hustle. Loved the movie. But I have to say, I don't get the awards talk for JLaw's performance in the movie. Bale and Adams have acted circles around Lawrence in this movie.

I prefer Margot Robbie from Wolf. She should get a nom IMO. If you look at JLaw's filmography you expect a performance like that, but look at Margot's - a failed TV show and About Time. I base how good a performance is by how believable it is, and Naomi would kick Rosylyn's ass IMO. I love Jlaw, but her AH performance was a taddd overhyped. Margot wont win, but she deserves a nom. Very inpressive for someone who's done straight crap movies and TV. Edited by Jandrew

I don't care if Frozen wins the next weekend, the mere fact that this movie is doing badass gross after already a month in theaters (with today's system of seeing movies at the opening then waiting for the Blu-ray) and the mere over-saturation of the market right now, is remarkable.

If it gets 20M+ next weekend, that would be just... nerdgasm-esc.

Continue to kickass, Princess Anna!  We're behind you 110%!

• Like 6

I prefer Margot Robbie from Wolf. She should get a nom IMO. If you look at JLaw's filmography you expect a performance like that, but look at Margot's - a failed TV show and About Time. I base how good a performance is by how believable it is, and Naomi would kick Rosylyn's ass IMO. I love Jlaw, but her AH performance was a taddd overhyped. Margot wont win, but she deserves a nom. Very inpressive for someone who's done straight crap movies and TV.

who was she in About Time I dont remember her

Since it is the end of the year, I am thinking of running a best movies of 2013 as voted by the forum members poll in the speakeasy with 3 weeks given for voting.Does anyone have dibs on that idea or can I do that? If someone has called it already, no issues.

Since it is the end of the year, I am thinking of running a best movies of 2013 as voted by the forum members poll in the speakeasy with 3 weeks given for voting.Does anyone have dibs on that idea or can I do that? If someone has called it already, no issues.

Gopher is already doing the annual BOF Awards. 

I liked Frozen, happy it is doing well but not a huge fan. I liked Tangled better.

Yeah Tangled is the better film. For some reason it angers people around the internet. But I feel okay saying that around here.

I enjoyed Frozen a lot, but Tangled was a slam dunk in my opinion.

• Like 1

Oh dear. Have we now ventured into the Frozen wars? I swear all this Frozen talk and my co worker runs over to me with a video of her daughter standing on the bed singing a song from Frozen. :blink: She went on to tell me that they are going to see it again. This time they booked tickets at El Capitan for New Years day. I guess Frozen is never gonna stop. Still haven't seen it yet, lol.

• Like 2