Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

What's goin' on?

lol on second though I don't know if I feel comfortable talking about this on here.  Y'all probably won't get it anyway. 

It's over the blue vest that one of apes is wearing on the poster/trailer lolol 

Edited by ban1o

32 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I'm really hyped for this. Hoping it can break out of its presales funk and surprise with something like $70m+. 

There'll probably be another one though with all that overseas $$$

Im with you on this .... $$ 70M+

il_340x270.1190505506_2t3a.jpg

Just to add on to my thoughts last night:

- This isn't perfect, it can be a bit clunky in the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd acts. Also, Harrelson is far from bad, but probably doesn't have as juicy of a role as you would expect.

- WETA does an incredible job as usual. I was in awe of many of the shots of the Apes, especially the interactions with snow and water. If they don't win the Oscar, either they were robbed or something truly groundbreaking came out.

- This one is pretty much entirely from the POV of the Apes, much more so than Dawn.

- Reeves said in the Q&A before the movie that they set out to tell an almost biblical story with Apes. This is the moment where Caesar transcends into becoming a mythological figure in the history of the Apes.

- The stakes are huge, but it is ultimately is a very intimate story about family, friendship, leadership, and the inner turmoil between vengeance and restraint to serve a higher purpose.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Eevin said:

I'm really hyped for this. Hoping it can break out of its presales funk and surprise with something like $70m+. 

There'll probably be another one though with all that overseas $$$

I'm not going to make the same mistake like with SMH and over-predict based on critical circle jerk. That doesn't mean GA will suddenly rush to see it. Franchise movies have certain audience limit in that audience that simply isn't interested in the story/character(s) is not going to change their mind thanks to glowing reviews. If someone has no interest in Apes or Spidey, they are not going to develop interest just because reviews say it's the best version of the same old. 

That said, rooting for a breakout. :)

Edited by Valonqar

just coming out from late-night showing, I was so shocked and pissed off there is no IMAX, not even normal 3D are screened here in this country!!!!

It's such a humiliation for these oscar worthy's visual effect!!!

I must say, it's hard to make a sequel better than its predecessor, it's nearly impossible to make a 3rd entry be better than the 2nd while 2nd itself was already better than 1st!!!

I told my friend who like dawn, go ahead and rise their expectation!! there's no way this movie is going to disappoint you, because it didn't let me down even after I was hyped up by RT.

Watch 3D or IMAX if you can, I beg you all, for compensating my regret of being unable to watch it in 3D or IMAX..... 

• Like 1