Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

10 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

I have a really strange question. When the Apes films are dubbed in overseas markets do the actors doing the dubbing use monkey voices? 

I just watched the Portuguese dubbed trailer and no, they don't use monkey voices. Their language is pretty rudimentary, like in the original version, but generally, they speak like the human characters.

• Like 1

I like first one in 2011(Rise), and consider Reeves did a great job with Dawn,

just out of cinema  , I have to say War is a solid work to conclude this trilogy. and I think I understand why the boxoffice is poor( compare to Rise and Dawn)

I just love how people make possibly the baddest assumption.

You understand why a movie is not succersful enough, AFTER seeing it ?

Do you realize how wrong & incoherent that sounds ?

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I just love how people make possibly the baddest assumption.

You understand why a movie is not succersful enough, AFTER seeing it ?

Do you realize how wrong & incoherent that sounds ?

In our first weekend world, that is becoming more and more true, the just make it good and people will come type of comments is nearly total B.S.

But in Apes case, people commenting about the content they saw and was not clearly in the marketing are often talking about the really bad legs, for those the actual content play some part.

But yes it is true you so often hear people talking as if people that have seen a movie was because they were liking it, while people pay before having seen the movie and have no idea.

All in all, this trilogy is a huge succes for Fox. Theyve got 3 critically acclaimed movies, of which two were really big successes and War is ofc underperforming but far from a flop.

Im just really thankfull that they made these movies and especially War. Since ive seen it on Wednesday i cant stoo thinking about it and i dont know how many times the score is on repeat every day. Its now definetly in my Top 20 movies of all time (currently 16th). In my opinion its a work of art and will be remembered as one of the best movies of this year and this decade. This whole trilogy will stand the test of time (apart from Rises CGI, that hasnt aged well).

It marks also the perfect time for Fox to take a small hiatus. The movies will generate immense goodwill for future Planet of the Apes movies. Im a good example myself, ive only watched the original years ago and didnt really like it, so i had no desire to watch these new movies just this past June. Needless to say that ive changed my mind in time for War and i dont think i have made that many better decisions in my life. 

Im also really looking forward to The Batman now. Matt Reeves style of filmmaking in Dawn and War is the definition of breathtaking. His direction is excellent and the Cinematography is just so damn beautiful. A Batman movie with that look? Hell yes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im also really looking forward to The Batman now. Matt Reeves style of filmmaking in Dawn and War is the definition of breathtaking. His direction is excellent and the Cinematography is just so damn beautiful. A Batman movie with that look? Hell yes.

Same here.   Can't wait.

54 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

This was a fantastic movie but it's still sitting at only 279.2 million to Dawn's 710.6 million >.> ouch >.>

This mean no fourth film then? =(

That was probably always planned to have no 4th film with that group of protagonist, but there will almost certainly be a 10th Apes movie in the future, they're is a very long time between the end of that movie and the beginning of the first one to play with.

On 8/10/2017 at 3:06 AM, Killimano3 said:

This was a fantastic movie but it's still sitting at only 279.2 million to Dawn's 710.6 million >.> ouch >.>

This mean no fourth film then? =(

you are comparing a movie mid-way it's run to one that's finished it's run? sure it's gonna be well below Dawn, but 475+ WW seems safe:

1. 150 dom
  2. 90 china
  3. 30 SK+Japan
  4. 205 Rest of OS (Currently 176 after adding 25 last Mon-Sun.)

150 + 90 + 30 + 205 = 475

I dare say all 3 categories - China, SK+Japan and Rest of OS - are conservative at 90, 30 and 205. I don't see this missing 475 WW while 500 is 50/50.

Edited by a2knet

I saw this with two friends. One of them had not seen the first two films and thought this was flat out terrible. The other and myself thought it was good but by the weakest of the three films. Its a shame because I was super pumped for this but it was just overly slow.

If it finished its current markets at 350M (probably on the low side but w/e), then there's just Korea, Japan and China to go.

If it does half of Dawn in Japan and Korea then that'd be about 20M from the two of those. China is unlikely to drop much if at all and could easily increase on the last one. If it did drop, then we're still looking at 100M+ remaining in the tank, so it'll be good for 450M. Above that I wouldn't want to guarantee anything.

Disappointing for sure. Especially given it's everywhere has dropped, not just the US. In fact OS will have dropped significantly more than the US. Not good at all. Can't see them trying to continue this particular series of POTA.