Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean obviously Schindler's List is a stretch, that was a real bad thing that happened to us and this is about CGI gorillas. That said, it has brutal violence, talk of mass exterminations, and torture in labor camps (all this is in trailers so no spoilers). I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be in Infinity War. 

In terms of tone, style, and feel, this actually felt most like Children of Men to me. Very similar vibe. And that movie fucking rocks, so.

There's only so much hype I can take for one movie.  Holy shit.  These next 3 and a half hours are gonna feel like an eternity.

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

There's only so much hype I can take for one movie.  Holy shit.  These next 3 and a half hours are gonna feel like an eternity.

It's just under 2 and half hours actually but yeah, it certainly feels like 3 and half... Oh, wait, you mean before it starts? I kid, I kid...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, superduperm said:

An 8.2 is fantastic. But an 83 on MC with 47 reviews is arguably even more impressive.

Altogether? It's outstanding.

Shh... don't tell JohnnyGossamer, though ;)

Eh, we can't all have good taste and think because Nolan has now done a WW2 movie, every other movie is just copying him. 

On 7/13/2017 at 1:15 PM, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It tracking at 60-65m doesn't mean a 70-75m opening.

Movies are just as likely to underperform their tracking as they are to overperform it (or hit the tracking).

Spot on. Just like Wonder Woman and then Spidey last week.

All hail Lord God King Deadline!!

Edited by DealWithIt

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I mean obviously Schindler's List is a stretch, that was a real bad thing that happened to us and this is about CGI gorillas. That said, it has brutal violence, talk of mass exterminations, and torture in labor camps (all this is in trailers so no spoilers). I'm pretty sure that isn't going to be in Infinity War. 

In terms of tone, style, and feel, this actually felt most like Children of Men to me. Very similar vibe. And that movie fucking rocks, so.

Comparing it to Children of Men is a very high mark.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

The movie is about two hours and ten minutes. Perfect length for any movie, especially the conclusion to a trilogy. Are attention spans getting so short that sitting still for a whopping two hours is too much now? Sad.

I wouldn't think so in the era of Netflix binge watching.   I just watched the last two episodes of Game of Thrones last night with no problem at all.

8 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I wouldn't think so in the era of Netflix binge watching.   I just watched the last two episodes of Game of Thrones last night with no problem at all.

It is a bit different, most tv show binge watch will offer a big cliffhanger every 24 or 50 minutes to make sure you come back, it trick you it is an attention grabbing machine. And even then many bingewatch while looking to a second screen from time to time nowaday.

That said, 2 hours is certainly not too much for big movies nowaday, today big movies are much longer than the 90s, 4 hours epic would be maybe too long for today yes (in the past it was a show with an Entr'acte in the middle to give people a break and go to the bathroom), but certainly not 130/140 minutes.

Edited by Barnack

Best of the 3 movies and I don't think its really that close.  I think this is the first trilogy where it gets better with each movie.  Yes the solo Wolverine movies get better with each one but the first 2 suck.

I dug the first 2 movies but didn't think they were zomgwtf amazing.  There are some really amazing and heartfelt moments in this.  Woody Harrelson is a brutal asshole but you completely understand his motivation(which is rare in a big summer movie) and theres a moment in the this where you actually kinda pitty him.  And needless to say Caesar is the best CG creation since Gollum.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 7