47 members have voted

1. 1. Se7en

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Se7en still stands as Fincher's best film to date. The pacing is perfect to leave the audience at the edge of their seats without being bored. Spacey gives a chilling performance, at times even Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs level. The ending of course is one of the best twists I've ever seen. Morgan and Pitt are also very strong, and Fincher's directing is great.A

I loved this movie during my teens and twenties, and considered it a masterpiece, but maybe I've outgrown it. The unrelenting bleakness of the whole thing. There are certain scenes which were just so appalling they made me wonder how I ever "enjoyed" it in the first place. Everything to do with "sloth" and "lust" were so painful and horrific I nearly stopped the DVD - something which never even entered my head all the previous times I've watched it.Technically it's still a marvel. Fincher makes beautiful-looking movies, and gets a great performance out of Morgan Freeman here. Plus Spacey needs to get off the London stage and back into the movies already.Still, not a movie I plan on revisiting again for a very long time, and it's out of my top 100.8/10.

I'm sure this movie is a masterpiece but I hated it, I found some of the content too disturbing. I saw it in theatres when I was 15, not knowing about the content and was really unsettled and grossed out. It was later withdrawn and made R18. I really wish it was rated correctly the first time so I wouldn't have seen it.

Amazing movie. The end is really shocking, but I feel that Pitt's acting was a little bit off at the end. It's one of Fincher's best movies, I have to say that (I put TSN on first spot)

One of the things that makes it work so well is that when Spacey is telling them why he did it (while driving to his demise) you actually understand him and even (slightly) empathize with him.  Not that killing is right, that's not what I mean, but the ones he killed, a child molester, the lawyer who defended him and so on, are not really people you would like and when no one is around and you only have yourself to judge, you probably utter such thing about scum like that.

I loved that about the film.

He found his wife's head in a box delivered to him.. I'm sure he's going to be a little bit off after something as horrific as that..

i appreciate the effort BKB, but this is a spoiler endorsed thread. You can post spoilers in this forum, it's every other forum that you should use the spoiler tags.  :)

• Like 1