baumer

The LEGO Movie (2014)

102 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I never thought i'd be crying at the end. Up until the human world I was lukewarm. The animation was ok, the jokes were ok (I thought a little advanced for kids to get half of the stuff but whatever) and the storyline was ok, But this movie pulled the reverse horror movie and the end tied everything together and made it 100 times better.

A

• Like 1

A+

One of the most creative, inventive, refreshing and fun theatrical experiences I've had in quite some time. Pure awesome awesomeness.

btw, here in Germany+Austria this was marketed as a kid's film ... who may enjoy it but in fact it's edited much to jumpy and most of the gags are targeted at (at least) teenagers; children younger than 10 years will propably be seriously overstrained.

• Like 2

i give this an A from what bit i did see, i got it so my nephew could see it and i guess me too but i'm awful with animation , there's a reason i rarely watch them or do years later after film comes out on dvd 

for some reason i dozed off after president businessman catched them and threw them in jail with other master builders woke up seeing real people and then 2 mn later it was over as the kid sister brought her crazy legos to the party 

maybe i was tired because otherwise i thought the movie was cool , and the visuals were pretty neat how they got the legos moving etc 

batman was a hoot , wildstyle , emmett , the old man ...

oh and i forgot  EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!!!! EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A TEAM . EVERYTHING IS AWESOME WHEN WE'RE LIVING OUR DREAM  :wub: 

Shhh dont tell anyone ,that song is hypnotic i caught myself singing it against my will  :ph34r:  weapon of mass zombification  :lol:  

Edited by Lady Daenerys SNOW-STARK
  • Like 2

saw the ending today , my youngest nephews wanted to watch it again , it holds up really well on a 2nd viewing 

i really think they could have done without the humans though , reminds me of princess bride

the first time i saw that i nearly didnt watch it because i was thinking grdpa reading story to sick kid yawn but i gave it a few minutes and real story started and by the end i was in tears! man i love that movie it never gets old true definition of a classic

i'm glad emmett got the girl, batman was cool about the breakup ! also emmett and mr businessman hugged it out ^_^

that darn song , i even sing it in character with the chipmunky voice  :lol:

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable, created and fun from beginning to end. I was never big into LEGO's as a kid but I still had a lot of fun with the film and the voice casting was great with spot on comedic timing.

****/*****, (A-, 8.0/10, 3.25/4)

• Like 2