Donald

Thursday boxoffice;#300 2 opens to 3.3mill in late shows

That is a surprisingly good number for a sequel no one asked for, and was then delayed from August to March for what I hear was a pretty good 3D conversion. May end up anywhere between 35-50M. Will have to wait for Friday numbers.

Comparable numbers: PACRIM 3.6 / 37.3; WWZ 3.6 / 66.4; PROMETHEUS 3.6 / 51.1 - so they are all over the place.

Will probably end up higher than Pacific Rim.

I like this midnights compared to those you listed. Those are all summer movies. To get 3m during this time of year is pretty impressive.

• Like 2

Why so much focus on Eva Green?  I've never heard of her.  Why is she such a big deal to some of you?

See the best Bond Girl chewing scenery like no tomorrow. What's not to like.

Frozen, CF, and now a movie like RoE, a sequel to an absolute sausage fest (how times are changing)...women are starting to own box-office. Without Eva Green or a similar female lead, I don't think RoE would open north of 30m.

The summer movie that's given them their due, be it Godzilla, TASM2, DoFP, TF4 or CA2, will reap rewards. Maleficent could be a big surprise.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Frozen, CF, and now a movie like RoE, a sequel to an absolute sausage fest (how times are changing)...women are starting to own box-office. Without Eva Green or a similar female lead, I don't think RoE would open north of 30m.

The summer movie that's given them their due, be it Godzilla, TASM2, DoFP, TF4 or CA2, will reap rewards. Maleficent could be a big surprise.

Wait! For all we know 300: ROAN theaters could have been dominated by men, or equally men or women.

Also 300 wasn't a straight sausage fest, considering that Lena Headley was in it (she even got second billing on the poster).

Edited by Fancyarcher

Wait! For all we know 300: ROAN theaters could have been dominated by men, or equally men or women.Also 300 wasn't a straight sausage fest, considering that Lena Headley was in it (she even got second billing on the poster).

Lol no girl saw 300 because of Lena Headey. We all know the real reason

That's a bigger number than I was expecting. Happy for Eva's sake

Although apparently there's some guy billed ahead of her and Headey? Boo, I thought they were the main characters

Well I don't know who the actor is that's playing him but obviously if they're doing a movie about the Persian Wars then the main character has to be Themistocles. I mean just because Lena Headey and Eva Green are bigger stars doesn't change what happened in history.