Donald

Thursday boxoffice;#300 2 opens to 3.3mill in late shows

People aren't taking the fanbase into account, there is a rush factor. Personally it'll open sub 40, an if it's really front loaded than sub 30

IDK, it might be frontloaded but I don't see it opening with less than $30m. It's probably headed for around $40-45m and then prominantly fall off in its second weekend (60%+)

• Like 1

Wait! For all we know 300: ROAN theaters could have been dominated by men, or equally men or women.

Also 300 wasn't a straight sausage fest, considering that Lena Headley was in it (she even got second billing on the poster).

I didn't mean to say that women will be in the audience in large numbers. Just that female leads are attracting bigger audiences(male or female) than before. My hunch is that a male lead comparable in style(weather it's good or bad) and popularity(weather it's high or low) to Eva Green would have produced a smaller opening.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I didn't mean to say that women will be in the audience in large numbers. Just that female leads are attracting bigger audiences(male or female) than before. My hunch is that a male lead comparable in style and popularity to Eva Green would have produced a smaller opening.

Fair enough, but Eva Green is really not all that popular.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but Eva Green is really not all that popular.

LOL at this Eva Green phenom. I just have to shake my head. I don't think many people went to the movie to see Eva Green.

• Like 2

Well Mr. Peabody looks to be number one then.

Fox's first number one in a while, still not as bad as Sony's record in 2011 or last year even. (Oh wait-Cloudy 2 duh :lol: I was thinking they hadn't had a number one for even longer :P)

Paramount has not had a number one for a while either.

• Like 1

LOL at this Eva Green phenom. I just have to shake my head. I don't think many people went to the movie to see Eva Green.

I really doubt anyone went to see this movie for Eva Green (she was barely in the trailers after all). She's not really all that familiar to people in the U.S., even if she has been in some high profile roles.

Yeah, I don't think it's a stretch to say that the hot bulked-up guys not wearing very much were a big selling point to the original 300 for the ladies (speaking as one of them). Women will go the movies to see that sort of thing, aka why Magic Mike made over $100 million and a movie about female strippers...wouldn't. Since there's no hot Gerard Butler this time, it's smart to work other angles, like having female characters who aren't completely boring and just there to give men someone to look at. But Eva Green being a box office draw to the general public, I don't know about that.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

As a rule of thumb-being a Bond girl usually does not bring a good career. (Halle Berry is an exception to the rule)

Halle Berry won an Oscar before playing a bond girl, however her career after Die After Day was not exactly "successful" (it had more to do with poor choices than anything else).

• Like 1