Impact

Best visual effects-2014

I don't like the Oscars.

It's so fake:

No superhero movies (I think most of them have great visuals, but nope, just don't...

Always cliché picks, you need drama in your movie, other wise you can't win. (I am talking about periode afther 2006)

They prefer no action movies.

It's just so unfair..

• Like 1

Godzilla or Interstellar?

I don't see what any of them got over Apes effects that bring something new to the table. I mean Apes uses top notch and cutting edge VFX to bring its main protagonist Caesar alive drawing empathy from audience, as human as it can be that harkens back to the heart of Mankind. That's breathtaking how you forget that what you see is a computer-generated creature delivering a memorable performance displaying a sense of humanism that flesh and bone actors can't ever deliver.(I'm looking at you ATJ). Then you add all the supporting apes actors, Weta's work is tremendous and impressive. Whatever Interstellar has in store, I don't think there is something as striking when VFX embody a character who is the heart and emotional core of the movie. Without those astounding VFX, the movie would mean nothing and would not resonate.

Edited by dashrendar44

Godzilla or Interstellar?

Interstellar is just landscapes and space and Godzilla had nothing on Apes. Godzilla and the monsters looked great but you could tell they were CGI. In DOTPOTA the Apes looked genuinely real and actually looked alive.

Edited by jessie

Interstellar is just landscapes and space and Godzilla had nothing on Apes. Godzilla and the monsters looked great but you could tell they were CGI. In DOTPOTA the Apes looked genuinely real and actually looked alive.

Well, Gravity won last year and it was just landscapes and space and Interstellar has the director going for it. It will probably win.

If we know one thing, it's that those trailers didn't show us too much. There is more than just landscapes and space..

• Like 1

As discussed in another thread, Interstellar has a better chance of being nominated for BP. If Interstellar indeed gets the nom and Dawn misses, I dont think the judges will break the un-written rules and give the award to Apes.

• Like 1

Well, Gravity won last year and it was just landscapes and space and Interstellar has the director going for it. It will probably win.

Ah you mean they really destroyed ISS station for real? Or that long shot inside the burning station was shot on a real set? Or they made Sandra Bullock in astronaut's suit swing around like Wall-E for real?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1