Films

Weekend estimates | Veronica mars- 2M (down 39% on Sat), 300 2-19.1M,LEGO (7.71M), non-stop (10.6M)

I don't think we should put the threshold so high for Divergent. 60M+ should be consider huge.

Last year, none of the four wannabe franchises met their expectations at the box office. Some of them really doing it shamefully. 

• Like 2

Friday Box Office: #2 '300: Rise Of An Empire' (WB - 3490 runs) $5.9M heading to #2 and strong $20M second weekend with $79.2M cume.

I think Cinemascore is being proven to be completely wrong by now. Movies with B cinemascores are having the same legs or better than movies with A. And not even mentioning the C that WOWS got.

• Like 4

So animated Dreamworks beat live action Dreamworks. Peabody and Sherman had a good drop, I think it will break $100m, I don't think there will be a sequel but I wouldn't rule out a TV series on Netflix. The OS gross seems a bit poor for a DWA film but I guess its had to compete with Lego.

• Like 2

[*]

Friday Box Office: #5 'Non-Stop' (Universal - 3183) $3.1M should finish with $10.5M third weekend and $68.7M cume.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #4 'Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club' (Lionsgate - 1896 runs) $3.5M dropping to #5 with $10M weekend opener.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #3 'Mr Peabody & Sherman' (DWA/Fox - 3951 runs) $5.3M rising to surprise #1 and $22M weekend with $64M cume.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

[*]

Friday Box Office: #5 'Non-Stop' (Universal - 3183) $3.1M should finish with $10.5M third weekend and $68.7M cume.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #4 'Tyler Perry's Single Moms Club' (Lionsgate - 1896 runs) $3.5M dropping to #5 with $10M weekend opener.

[*]

Friday Box Office: #3 'Mr Peabody & Sherman' (DWA/Fox - 3951 runs) $5.3M rising to surprise #1 and $22M weekend with $64M cume.

Tyler Perry finally flops ...

They were projecting 20m wkn for Peabody when Friday was 6m, now 22m with 5.3m ?

• Like 2