Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Let me correct you right there: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is not a childrens TV show. Its a TV show for all ages and from what I have heard (I havent watched all that much of it actually) an excellent piece of media.

Anyhow James Camerons dope yo.

I thought it aired on Nickelodeon? 

Obviously it can be appreciated by all ages, but surely the target audience was in line with the channel which commissioned it, no? (Honestly have no idea on this as I didn't watch the show during the original airing and my judgement upon actually seeing it is obviously skewed by the fact that I'm over 50 and regard nearly everything that's a cartoon (bar some of course) as aimed at children. 

On 10/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, Crainy said:

Let me correct you right there: "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is not a childrens TV show. Its a TV show for all ages and from what I have heard (I havent watched all that much of it actually) an excellent piece of media.

Anyhow James Camerons dope yo.

lol please it's as kiddie as they come 

Someone who says he/she worked on the avatar sequels during the pre-vis stage of production posted this. Cameron with prep time is like batman with prep time, can't lose.

Cameron's just (unsurprisingly) really thought all this stuff through. Pandora is not a utopia for the Na'vi and it's a place where you can draw a lot of parallels to real-world problems. The Na'vi tribes all across Pandora are factionalized and have territory/culture disputes not unlike us on Earth. I don't want to get into more detail but there's some cool stuff relating to how the different tribes embrace the technology that the humans brought when they invaded.

Cameron showed up one day with a 1000-page bible detailing everything - then off that bible, the many years of writing the scripts began. As they say, never bet against James Cameron.

Link

https://reddit.com/r/movies/comments/9n16cf/what_are_your_honest_thoughtsexpectations_on/

Edited by tenken
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, tenken said:

Someone who says he/she worked on the avatar sequels during the pre-vis stage of production posted this. Cameron with prep time is like batman with prep time, can't lose.

Link

https://reddit.com/r/movies/comments/9n16cf/what_are_your_honest_thoughtsexpectations_on/

It's content like this that places him so far above everyone else. 

Stuff like the Venture Star and how it would actually work. Man is a genius beyond comparison. 

• Like 1

The Dawn of CGI in movie making,

Year Fucking One

Courtesy of James Cameron and Dennis Murren

Some 30 years ago ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I like that write up that @tenken posted because I'm sick of Star trek cliche where planets have unified culture across the whole freakin planet. If Na'vi have their differences, all the better. I'm very curious to see what JC does. 

Unpopular opinion: Star Wars has the lamest world-building of all the franchises. The prequels actually did something good there.

Edited by Titan Man
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 10:22 PM, Titan Man said:

Unpopular opinion: Star Wars has the lamest world-building of all the franchises. The prequels actually did something good there.

George has a great visual imagination without a doubt, but you're right, poor world-building. Avatar did better in one movie what George struggled with in six. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That page is off by a day! Google days until december 18 2020 instead

On the night before Avatar 2 that site will read 0 days

Hmmm

I did Google (or rather Ecosia, better to plant trees than feed corporations) and it came up with that site.

I wonder why it's a day out?

8 hours ago, feasby007 said:

Hmmm

I did Google (or rather Ecosia, better to plant trees than feed corporations) and it came up with that site.

I wonder why it's a day out?

Because it says number of days followed by hours and minutes.

For instance that site would say tomorrow is 0 days and 16 hours away.

While we should say it's 1 day away

39 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Because it says number of days followed by hours and minutes.

For instance that site would say tomorrow is 0 days and 16 hours away.

While we should say it's 1 day away

But for us it’s likely to release on Thursday anyway, so wouldn’t the days be correct?

also with Thursday previews in USA, everything big opens Thursday now anyway