Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Assuming EG does make it past Avatar due to Disney (scum) throwing cash at it, Avatar will retake before A2 as Jim said they planned to rerelease with improved visuals before A2.

Someone from Reddit said:

James Cameron: you couldn't live with your own failure. where did that bring you? Back to the same thing I did 10 years ago.

• Haha 1

Just now, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Someone from Reddit said:

James Cameron: you couldn't live with your own failure. where did that bring you? Back to the same thing I did 10 years ago.

I'm sorry I dont understand this, did Jim say this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syntaxerror said:

Wonder why it was delayed from 2020 to 2021 considering they’ve done all the performance capture already.

Live action is currently being filmed in New Zealand, that's why. Some of the actors who are there are playing Na'vi characters which leads me to believe there might be more performance capture work being done. Perhaps Na'vi interacting on live sets? Also there will be human Avatars, no doubt about that. They still have quite a bit of work to do then WETA has to render and finish everything before they start the editing process and so on. 

31 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Holy hell Avatar will get a graphics patch.

If I was a betting man I would bet that WETA is already working on this, make everything look like those million dollar shots, maybe toss in a few deleted scenes and voila "AVATAR 2.0" expanded STEROID Version for a brief re-release Jan or Feb 2021. 

I kinda doubt Avatar gets a big re-release. I don't think Cameron ever said that as a fact, he was just musing. There will be double features for sure for the fans but the gross (peanuts) will probably go towards the sequel.

11 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Because the plot and quotes of Endgame are NOT "FORGETTABLE" , which is being the opposite of... 

The plot and quotes of Endgame were so forgettable that I barely remembered anything about the movie after leaving the theater...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10493922

"And then Ant-Man turned into a baby, Daddy!"

"And what happened next?"

"All of my favorite heroes went back in time and undid all the bad stuff the evil guy did!"

Seriously, what you guys see in this movie is beyond me...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

The only people that care about the 'optics' of this are a very small group of people on this board.

I'm not saying this is the best thing ever.  If this is in fact what they intend to do, it is pretty weak, and won't add much to the bottom line.

But in terms of timing, its the week before Spider-Man and almost everything has underperformed, I'd say it's perfect.  They just shouldn't half-ass it like they are.

Maybe they are half-assing to see how close they will get? I don't see it over at all and in fact still quite a bit under. 

Maybe they are doing this to make sure when they actually go for it, that it won't be nearly as hard to get?

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

ah, but you remember the quotes! and the plot! :lol:

I remember how bad it was, yeah. It was a very disappointing movie for me to watch and I dont even like the MCU. I guess that could be considered a major achievement?

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe they are half-assing to see how close they will get? I don't see it over at all and in fact still quite a bit under. 

Maybe they are doing this to make sure when they actually go for it, that it won't be nearly as hard to get?

They won't half ass a rerelease, for what ever reason disney (scum) have shown they want endgame a the number highest grossing film of all time.

They have to be careful they shouldnt piss Jim off, if they keep messing with him whose to say he won't just jump ship. Jim afterall owns the IP (probably the reason they want endgame #1)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They won't half ass a rerelease, for what ever reason disney (scum) have shown they want endgame a the number highest grossing film of all time.

They have to be careful they shouldnt piss Jim off, if they keep messing with him whose to say he won't just jump ship. Jim afterall owns the IP (probably the reason they want endgame #1)

Let me guess: your Rise of Skywalker theory is the evil laugh we hear at the end of the teaser is really Bob Iger.

Edited by JB33