Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Aquaman moving to this date almost confirms that Avatar 2 isn't happening in 2018. With SW9 on Christmas 2019, the earliest we may see this is in 2020 unless Cameron releases it in Summer.

I think SW9 is in May.

edit:  It's May 23rd.

Edited by cubsfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Aquaman moving to this date almost confirms that Avatar 2 isn't happening in 2018. With SW9 on Christmas 2019, the earliest we may see this is in 2020 unless Cameron releases it in Summer.

sws9 is may

On 3/13/2017 at 9:28 AM, DAJK said:

I dunno... if I get into a fatal accident, I feel like I would worry more about seeing my family again than seeing the new Avatar movie...

You have some weird priorities! This is AVATAR. BY JAMES CAMERON. What has your family done?! Did they make Titanic and Avatar and Terminator 2 and The Abyss and True Lies? Plus, haven't you seen your family a lot? You haven't seen Avatar 2 at all. Ever. It's like the Second Coming of... Avatar. It's so 3D, it actually looks more realistic than the world we live in, which means it'll be a more real experience than seeing your family. Trust me when that white light shines, you're not going to be like, "Oh gee, if only I could have one more of grandma's wonderful cookies," you're going to be like, "If I could just go back to Pandora one more time, all would be well." 

:P 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

You have some weird priorities! This is AVATAR. BY JAMES CAMERON. What has your family done?! Did they make Titanic and Avatar and Terminator 2 and The Abyss and True Lies? Plus, haven't you seen your family a lot? You haven't seen Avatar 2 at all. Ever. It's like the Second Coming of... Avatar. It's so 3D, it actually looks more realistic than the world we live in, which means it'll be a more real experience than seeing your family. Trust me when that white light shines, you're not going to be like, "Oh gee, if only I could have one more of grandma's wonderful cookies," you're going to be like, "If I could just go back to Pandora one more time, all would be well." 

:P 

Jonnyboy I just hope I'll be reborn as a Navi on Pandora and find a nice wife like Neytiri. Is that really so much to ask?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vc2002 said:

"6 months? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna get anything in 6 years! "

Hey maybe you have been keeping up with current events with the 2018 release date just got its ass kicked pal!

On 3/16/2017 at 11:25 PM, IronJimbo said:

sws9 is may

On 3/16/2017 at 7:54 PM, cubsfan said:

I think SW9 is in May.

edit:  It's May 23rd.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:25 PM, IronJimbo said:

sws9 is may

It won't stay there. It'll move to December, as will Han Solo (even with December 2018 now more crowded).

I'm actually being serious here. God, this has to suck for Fox. 

http://deadline.com/2017/04/james-cameron-quits-avatar-franchise-studio-interference-12029867011/

James Cameron Quits ‘Avatar’ Franchise, Citing Studio Interference

In a crushing blow to fans of Avatar, James Cameron has washed his hands of the franchise. He has withdrawn from taking further part in the rest of the series. The reason? He and 20th Century Fox head Jim Gianopoulos could not find common ground on the script, on budget restrictions, and on certain qualitative elements of the film (including a possible trilogy of prequels set 150 years before the first film). That went right down to the selection of the CGI house to handle visual effects. It is unclear at this time if the studio will be using Cameron's scripts for the four planned Avatar sequels, but Gianopoulos said in a statement that he "remains committed to the portrayal of the Avatar series" and that a search for new directors "will begin as soon as final negotiations are settled". Sources have stated that potential candidates include Transformers chief Michael Bay and Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder.

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I'm actually being serious here. God, this has to suck for Fox. 

http://deadline.com/2017/04/james-cameron-quits-avatar-franchise-studio-interference-12029867011/

James Cameron Quits ‘Avatar’ Franchise, Citing Studio Interference

In a crushing blow to fans of Avatar, James Cameron has washed his hands of the franchise. He has withdrawn from taking further part in the rest of the series. The reason? He and 20th Century Fox head Jim Gianopoulos could not find common ground on the script, on budget restrictions, and on certain qualitative elements of the film (including a possible trilogy of prequels set 150 years before the first film). That went right down to the selection of the CGI house to handle visual effects. It is unclear at this time if the studio will be using Cameron's scripts for the four planned Avatar sequels, but Gianopoulos said in a statement that he "remains committed to the portrayal of the Avatar series" and that a search for new directors "will begin as soon as final negotiations are settled". Sources have stated that potential candidates include Transformers chief Michael Bay and Batman v Superman director Zack Snyder.

Maybe we'll get a movie now