Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

And the large factor of Avatar 1's success was "this is new generation Star Wars cause original ended blah blah".

Explain Titanic Bobby lol.. . They said its success was Leo bringing in Japanese  girls too. LOL

Guy please. The reason this will do insane numbers and likely blow past Avatar I is simply because James Cameron

is the greatest epic  director in history.. and his followers know he never drops the ball to up the anty on what

can be done in mega movie making.

SWS has no chance to hurt Juggernaut 2016 Period.  A better question is  can Avatar 2 double 

SW8  WW gross! :)

• Like 1

And the large factor of Avatar 1's success was "this is new generation Star Wars cause original ended blah blah".

That's a non factor. People didn't go because they were told it's this generation's Star Wars. It's its own thing.

• Like 2

It's weird because John Carter and Pacific Rim were taunted for real as the new generation SW before release. That panned out very well in audience's head to be told that, right...

Yeah, I never heard the SW correlation before.

Avatar made crazy money because people like my parents ended up seeing it just to keep up with the conversation. But my parents also have no intention of seeing the sequels, so I'm inclined to think they'll drop in many territories. Which is stating the obvious, I suppose.

Explain Titanic Bobby lol.. . They said its success was Leo bringing in Japanese  girls too. LOL

Guy please. The reason this will do insane numbers and likely blow past Avatar I is simply because James Cameron

is the greatest epic  director in history.. and his followers know he never drops the ball to up the anty on what

can be done in mega movie making.

SWS has no chance to hurt Juggernaut 2016 Period.  A better question is  can Avatar 2 double 

SW8  WW gross! :)

Why would it? The movies are a year apart.

Nonsense, women & girls in all markets were crazy about the movie, I was in elementary back then and all my girl friends from class went multiple times to see it, Eastern Europe so yeah

It's weird because John Carter and Pacific Rim were taunted for real as the new generation SW before release. That panned out very well in audience's head to be told that, right...

People were hyping out Avatar 1 to be the new Star Wars sadly the movie sucked balls. Cameron dropped the ball with Avatar.

Shouldn't they be getting ready to film now?  We are almost 2 years out and not much news besides who was signed and the screenwriters.  

Supposedly they will be by the end of the year. Though we've heard that for the past three years so who knows.

I think shooting is scheduled to start this fall for one year (3 movies back to back). And it has never been so planned. We haven't heard of actual shooting, they have booked the actors for this time and all (btw Paramount should want to shoot Star Trek 3 in this time, that will bother them)

Yeah, I never heard the SW correlation before.

Avatar made crazy money because people like my parents ended up seeing it just to keep up with the conversation. But my parents also have no intention of seeing the sequels, so I'm inclined to think they'll drop in many territories. Which is stating the obvious, I suppose.

See if that holds by the time Avatar 2 comes out ...

Edited by firedeep