Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Cameron kind of annoys me as a director. He shouldn't make films that require sequels.

As ifr he has a bad track record with sequels. Both Aliens and T2 enrich the stories of Alien and Terminator. Hardly unnecessary or cash grab or whatever.Besides, he said well ebfore Avatar came out that he envisioned it as 3 self-contained movies but that their filming depended on first movie`s success.

OK, so lets harp on great sequels. Seriously, Alien and Termionator could have been standalones but sequels definitely do not ruin the original movies. I`m yet to meet someone who thinks he shouldn`t have made follow-ups.That said, Avatar is more ripe for deep sequels than any of those other movies because we`ve really only scratched the surface.

I wonder if any of this might also have to do with the Avatar themed land opening in Disney's Animal Kingdom around 2015, maybe have both open around the same time. And it's a win win for both Disney and Fox. Disney gets people to the parks, Fox gets people to the theaters.

JC does what JC does. He definitely isn`t a guy who thinks he must forge iron while it`s hot. That is frustrating for fans but more power to him that his interests are bigger than just collecting cash from movies and reading his power rankings on Frobes list.

People don't really know but filmmaking is one of his thousand jobs and interests.

He made Titanic because he convinced FOx to finance the expedtion to the wreckage first and foremost.

Yep, the guy is totally different from his industry peers. AICN often runs interviews with him that have nothing to do with movies but all about science, astrophysics,etc. I don`t recall other film-makers talking about non-movie stuff. Nolan talks about psychology but everyone else is firmly pimping their daily jobs.