Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Cameron and Mallick are friends and Cameron gave Mallick some camera rigs equipment he used on Titanic that malick´used on thin red line, those shots that seem to fly above the long grass foŕ example.Cameron is connected to every living legend director of´his time..

Cameron and Mallick are friends and Cameron gave Mallick some camera rigs equipment he used on Titanic that malick´used on thin red line, those shots that seem to fly above the long grass foŕ example.Cameron is connected to every living legend director of´his time..

I knew I should've used someone like Antonioni as the example. :lol:

I'm guessing either a December 9th or 21st release date. That way it would either open a week before the Star Wars spinoff or compete against the Illumination film and the SW spinoff's 2nd weekend. But I'm sure it can go wherever it wants the the other films will back off and move.

• Like 1

I'm guessing either a December 9th or 21st release date. That way it would either open a week before the Star Wars spinoff or compete against the Illumination film and the SW spinoff's 2nd weekend. But I'm sure it can go wherever it wants the the other films will back off and move.

If it does stick to December 2016, I would say it opens the week before SW. There's reasons that that would be a good idea and a bad idea as well, but I think Fox knows they're going to make a lot of money no matter what, so they might want to toy with Disney and Star Wars by being the first one released...
  • Like 1

I'm not one of those who's bothered by his dialogue. I will say that it tends to work better for blue-collar characters and military grunts. Fortunately, that's usually most of the characters in a Cameron movie. :)

Interesting point.

Although, despite being a HUGE Avatar fan, I do find the dialogue in Avatar weaker than his previous works.

He does have a great touch with writing dialogue for blue-collar characters (I guess being a truck driver really helped), such as Henriksen and his Lieutenant buddy in T1, and those in The Abyss. Those were just sidekick characters but they were all well-writen and so you cared about them as the story went by.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Cameron shud have continued Terminator series in 90s........avatar was crap....visual effects wer top notch....but seriously dunno y and how it crossed 2 billion  :unsure:

My fav cameron films are T1, T2 and aliens 

You really want to know?

Posted Image

Edited by vc2002

Oh fuck, be prepared for 10 dollars increased in ticket prices.

Nah, the infrastructure's already completely in place (which wasn't the case for previous digital/3D systems). Trumbull's system doesn't require any new technology -- existing playback systems and projectors are fine. (His preferred setup uses laser projection, but that's already in the upgrade path for many theaters; IMAX will have its first laser projectors installed next year).

• Like 3

120 fps? No thanks. I don't want my movies looking like daytime soaps. I'm fine with 24 fps. Digital or film, doesn't really matter, just as long as 24 fps never fades.

Trumbull's 120fps MAGI process doesn't look anything like that at all. In fact, people say it makes a 2D presentation seem strikingly three-dimensional and all reports about it have been really positive.
  • Like 1