Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:hahaha:

I think that JC will up the ante. he knows that there's skepticism about these sequels. One thing about him was always consistent and that's having his finger on the audience's pulse. 

This may just be his best work yet, maybe he delayed them because the world wasn't ready.

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

@IronJimbo could you run the numbers and give me the average box office of Avatar vs SW vs MCU? 

Hi @JamesCameronScholar,

The Avatar franchise is currently sitting at an average of $2.78b.

The MCU has released 17 films which average $310m, so on average you need 8.97 marvel films to out gross Avatar.

Star Wars would be pointless because 3 of the 9 films are from last century.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Hi @JamesCameronScholar,

The MCU has released 17 films which average $310m, so on average you need 8.97 marvel films to out gross Avatar.

Comparing Avatar's WW to the MCU's DOM average is awesome! 

I'll go bolder,  Avatar is averaging 2,78B$ while the MCU can only manage an average of 12M$ in previews...  It takes about 232 MCU movies to outgross Avatar with midnight and previews shows. 

I'm tempted to compare SW with Avatar but it would be pointless since Avatar is not really a franchise yet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, langer said:

I'll go bolder,  Avatar is averaging 2,78B$ while the MCU can only manage an average of 12M$ in previews...  It takes about 232 MCU movies to outgross Avatar with midnight and previews shows. 

I'm tempted to compare SW with Avatar but it would be pointless since Avatar is not really a franchise yet. 

Don't you dare to interrupt monologues 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

NO way I'm not going to compare any movie with Avatar. It will be disrespect for Avatar in my opinion. I have watched this movie for more than 100 times. And still feels like it was the first time I saw something like this. How much money Avatar 2 gonna make I don't care. I'll watch it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

NO way I'm not going to compare any movie with Avatar. It will be disrespect for Avatar in my opinion. I have watched this movie for more than 100 times. And still feels like it was the first time I saw something like this. How much money Avatar 2 gonna make I don't care. I'll watch it anyway.

I've only watched it 15 times and counting... respect.

8 hours ago, langer said:
9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Hi @JamesCameronScholar,

Comparing Avatar's WW to the MCU's DOM average is reasonable when your Avatar 2 projection is something like this

Less than 1.8b is a disaster

1.8b to 2.1b is an extreme underpeformance.

2.1b to 2.4b is far less than expected

2.4b to 2.78b is disappointing

2.78b to 3b is ok

3b to 3.3b is expected

3.3b to 3.7b is great

3.7b to 4b is fanastic

4b.. pack your bags honey we are off to Pandora

4 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Comparing Avatar's WW to the MCU's DOM average is reasonable when your Avatar 2 projection is something like this

Less than 1.8b is a disaster

1.8b to 2.1b is an extreme underpeformance.

2.1b to 2.4b is far less than expected

2.4b to 2.78b is disappointing

2.78b to 3b is ok

3b to 3.3b is expected

3.3b to 3.7b is great

3.7b to 4b is fanastic

4b.. pack your bags honey we are off to Pandora

VC where are you on the scale

Avatar has an average running time of 162 minutes.  Meanwhile, MCU movies only have an opening montage of 30 seconds!  That means you’d have to see 324 MCU movies just to match one Avatar movie!

No Wonder the GA turned out in spades for an average of 2.74b for the Avatar franchise meanwhile only a measly average of 60m or so trailer views for the MCU franchise (Which is GREATLY inflated by the IW and Avengers outliers)

1 hour ago, New Year New Panda said:

Avatar has an average running time of 162 minutes.  Meanwhile, MCU movies only have an opening montage of 30 seconds!  That means you’d have to see 324 MCU movies just to match one Avatar movie!

No Wonder the GA turned out in spades for an average of 2.74b for the Avatar franchise meanwhile only a measly average of 60m or so trailer views for the MCU franchise (Which is GREATLY inflated by the IW and Avengers outliers)

2.78b

• Like 2
  • Haha 1